a little confused

shane-24

hi all

im a little lost. im looking for a sutiable diet for my self and think WW is the way forward for me, main reason all the WW meals are easy to buy an no hassle of cooking.

well im a 24 year old male, im a large lad at 244lbs and looking to shed about 80lbs
im happy with reviews i seen about WW and looking to start

problem. i work crazy hours and no time to attend the meetings.

so how do i work all the points out, i heard its by age, height, weight an so on

and are all WW meals good for you

all info be great

Hi there,just want to wish you all the best for your WW journey,I ordered a journal,shop book,eat out book and a calculator from the WW mag and use this site every day for advice,tips and support.I worked my points out using the calculator but I'm sure someone will be along and post up a site to give you the answers,I don't know how to do that,sorry.

thanks BullDog

just need to know how many Points im allowed.
male
age 24
244lbs
6 feet tall

how many meals a day,
do i inc fruit and is that a point
fluids - i drink 1.5 to 2l a day

WeightWatchers Daily ProPoints Target Calculator this calculator will help you work out how many points you are allowed, remember besides whatever you are allowed daily you also get 49 weekly points, also keep checking your daily allowance as it will change as you loose weight. Fruit is mostly free i think unless you use a juicer and then you have to point it. Anything else you have a question about please ask theres lots of great people on here always willing to help
Good luck on your journey

thanks for that. just done all my stats and it says im allowed 59 points, do u think thats a little high

i prefer my points about 30-35 so i can see a good loss. can i set my own point target and work on that without exceeding it

What about joining ww online if you can't attend class unless cost is an issue?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

nope cost not a issue. just i work 62 hours a week, nights so im in bed in the day time so its a tad awkward to attend.

ill take a trip to WW online site i think

thanks for that. just done all my stats and it says im allowed 59 points, do u think thats a little high

i prefer my points about 30-35 so i can see a good loss. can i set my own point target and work on that without exceeding it

Hi Shane,

Re your points allowance - you're young, you're tall, and you're a bloke - all of those 'up' your allowance. The points allowance is apparently worked out to ensure you get all the nutrition/energy etc. you need for good health while you lose weight. Personally I would suggest start with that and see how you get on. It will soon drop as you start to slim down. If you start too low, then you have less to play with once you start to drop the pounds. I think this is especially important (from the nutrition point of view) if you are planning to rely on WW (or other) ready meals for the bulk of your food. Nothing against them at all and I'm sure WW are probably one of the best ready meals you can get when it comes to nutrition, and working the hours you do I can see they'll be pretty essential for you. Can you bulk them out with plenty of 0PP fruit and veg to make sure you don't go hungry and to get the extra goodness from them?

I do WW online and love the site and the tracker. I think it's pretty good value for what you get, as I don't attend a meeting. There is also plenty of support on here.

If you are planning to sign up online, take a look at Quidco, Topcashback or similar sites, as they often have special deals for the first month/three months.

Good luck with your weight loss. Keep us posted!

Last edited:
I would Try and use most of your points each day, they will soon reduce ...but dont force yourself if your stuffed, I use the ww ready meals all the time and i like them, usually add extra mushrooms, onions etc just to bulk and there 0pp ..
you can eat when you want, as many or as little meals as you want a day, you just have to stick within your 59pp a day... sometimes i eat breakfast, big lunch late and skip tea and just snack instead ... you do what you want with your points :)

Back