A little help with this menu-Murphy Brown's

Jenna88

Gold Member
Hi guys, hoping to head to this restaurant for a friend's birthday in a week or two, was wondering what your recommendations for a starter and main course would be?

What should leave me feeling the least guilty?

If weight loss weren't an issued I'd be going straight for the breaded mushrooms and then the fish and chips, however I imagine there are healthier (all be it, probably not much healthier) options...I'm just not so hot at sussing them out. Hoping you SW pro's can help me :)

http://www.murphy-browns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mb-new-menu-080320121.pdf

Hi! I've had a quick look at the menu - that restaurant is near my mum's house! I've only ever been at lunch, although I've heard lots of nice things about its evening menu :)

I think I would go for the soup of the day for starter (as long as it's not a 'cream of' or similar...) Otherwise I think I would just plump for the pate with melba toast in the hope that it might be one of the lower-syn choices.

For main I would choose steak and trim the fat off, with a side of vegetables or rice (or both!) You could ask for the sauce to be served on the side for you to dip into rather than poured over the top, which would put you in control of how much/little you want to have. I wouldn't be able to avoid the tobacco onions altogether (I LOVE them!) but I would limit how much I would have. Please be aware of the 'hidden' syns in champ and creamed potato - they are probably laden with milk, cream and butter. A girl at our group said she was in a restaurant's kitchen and saw them put two whole blocks of butter into the pot for their champ!!

My second option would be the honey chilli chicken with rice / noodles. Then the only syns would be in the chilli sauce and you'd be getting your superfree too.

I hope you have a lovely meal, whatever you decide! :)

All_about_the_climb said:
Hi guys, hoping to head to this restaurant for a friend's birthday in a week or two, was wondering what your recommendations for a starter and main course would be?

What should leave me feeling the least guilty?

If weight loss weren't an issued I'd be going straight for the breaded mushrooms and then the fish and chips, however I imagine there are healthier (all be it, probably not much healthier) options...I'm just not so hot at sussing them out. Hoping you SW pro's can help me :)

http://www.murphy-browns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mb-new-menu-080320121.pdf

Wow it all looks lovely. I have to admit I disagree with the poster above about the pate, as most restaurant made pâtés are full of butter and cream. Maybe ask for the prawns without the sauce, or egg mayo with half sauce.
Steak or gammon, or mate even the beef stir fry for mains. Above all, just enjoy it :)

Whoops! Maybe I should have clarified that I would have chosen the pate because it's the one I liked the most! Have fun :D

Back