A long hard journey

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Thought I'd start a diary on here to try and keep myself on track!

I've tried Slimming World a few times before and also a meal replacement diet. On all these attempts I've managed to lose some weight and then it's all just piled back on again. However, during none of these have I had something to aim for. This time I have. A half marathon. At the start of my journey I was 18st 1.5lb and have so far (after xmas) lost 1lb. Yesterday, after deciding I was going to do it a short time ago, I took the plunge and signed myself up for a half marathon in October. For me this is a totally crazy thing to do as I'm so overweight and unfit. However, I'm hoping that with this to aim for it will give me the kick in the posterior to actually do something. My friend who is in the same SW group as me is also signed up and will shortly be joining my gym so I know she will drag me out training. I want to keep this so that I can share my joys and get a kick for my bad behavior that will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow. So, all things being well the journey properly starts tomorrow!

Good luck Cherry Blossom, biggest hugs on your journey.

Keep it up! I had the same starting weight as you and I started at the beginning of November. Ive got half a pound to go until I've lost 2 stone. I've always struggled with my weight. If you stick to it 100% I know the weight will just come right off. I find keeping a food diary helps me too. Need any help or advice im here to help :) I struggle sometimes but I get right back on track. You'll be find. New year and new start :) hope this helps :) x

Good luck on your journey im sure your gunna smash it and be well ready for your half marathon :) im also incredibily unfit and have put all back on what i lost with sw last year so am going to be restarting a week today when i get weighed but today have signed up for a 5k run in september! Gunna use c25k to help me get moving! Look forward to seeing your progress and us both smashing our runs :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Well first day of properly doing this. Yesterday evening I did 30 mins on the wii fit and made sure I did the harder work outs as I know you can easily do half an hour on there without working up a sweat! So far today I've eaten some weetabix with milk as I woke up pretty late (I'm a night owl). Really need to go shopping to get some free/super free foods in. Also planning on another 30 mins wii fit later on. At the moment I have a cold with lovely blocked sinuses so feeling rather under the weather :(

Still can't believe you've made me sign upto the half marathon... we must be CRAZY... now to go cncel my gym memebership and join the new one :) xxx

Didn't manage to do any wii yesterday so did an hour today. I did the harder workouts for the first half hour including jogging on the spot for 12 minutes whilst my foot was cramping. The second half hour I did more balance related stuff which was a bit of a treat. Haven't really eaten the best over the last two days but then again I also haven't eaten much as my cold seems to have taken away my appetite (yay!) not being able to breathe when eating makes it far less enjoyable.

I'm first aiding at a rugby game tomorrow evening and although they provide food it's not very healthy (sandwich, crisps and chocolate) so looks like I may be taking my thermos with some nice sw friendly food.

From next week I'm back on placement as part of my uni course so I really need to look at getting stocked up on stuff that's quick and easy. I already have some super speed soup frozen but I'm hoping to make some bolognese so I can whip that out the freezer and I want to make sure I have plenty of fruit for nibbles and mug shots and similar for lunch. They have a little tuck shop where I'm going but it's all full of chocolate and u need to make sure I can resist the temptation. Also we only get half an hour for lunch so I need to make sure anything I take is quick and easy and I get fed up if I have sandwiches everyday. It's also going to make it harder to keep up my plan of half an hours exercise a day, especially if I'm on nights, but I'm determined to do this and luckily I have my wii at home as well as being a member of a 24 hour gym. I'm also hoping to get a fitness DVD or two as well which should help with varying my workout as I know I'll get bored otherwise. I may also look at trying to get out and do some early morning jogs after nights (ok more like walks) but it will depend on the weather and how knackered I am. Anyway as they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions so let's hope these ones don't lead there!

I would do however I mostly do green days so I don't want loads of stuff with meat in and I'm not a massive fan of quorn mince.

Yeah, and very crazy! I'm studying to be a paramedic. Got to love shifts!

Hi cherry blossom, congrats on signing up for the half marathon! I eventually want to manage the great north run, and one day the marathon! Managed a 10k at the beginning of the summer but it was sooo much harder than I anticipated!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awesome. I'm in my second and final year. Very scary! What year you in?

That's great. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm on placement for 8 weeks starting Monday.

Oooh, are your placements different each time or based around a A&e? Sorry for being a bit thick lol x
We change ambulance station each time and can be on the rapid response car or ambulance. We also have hospital placements in various areas like A&E, Theater, Cardiac, Maternity etc.

Back