a long road to travel

chezz

walk walk walk
hi everyone

i gave up smoking just over 19 months ago now but due to this my weight went up to 26st 11Lbs i am now down to 23st 6lbs but still have a long way to go im hponig joining here will help me on my journey

chezz:)

chezz said:
hi everyone

i gave up smoking just over 19 months ago now but due to this my weight went up to 26st 11Lbs i am now down to 23st 6lbs but still have a long way to go im hponig joining here will help me on my journey

chezz:)

Hi ya. Welcome we all have a long way to go here. I started off at 23st, I am now 19st10. Which diet will you be following? All the best!

Good luck Chez. I started at 20 stone 8lb just 14 weeks ago and i am now 16 stone 10lb :D

Hi everyone
im doing calorie counting and walking for excercise im losing 2lb a week at moment and very happy with this i love looking on here for new ideas and recipies and thankyou all for your support on this long long road but worth it at the end

Hi there, you are doing so well, I have only just started my diet, on Saturday in fact, I weighed in at 22 stone 5lbs which means I also have a lot to lose, I am also really hoping that being part of mini mins and part of a group as well for those who have a lot to lose will help along the way. Emma :)

Hi emma its great to have people on here like yourself to give me the push when i need it

good look on your journey to xx chez xx

well my wi on sunday morning so fingers crossed its still going down hope your all dsoing well on this very long journey

well today i have rang reshape its a nhs run programme for 10 weeks learning you about foods and learing how to read labels and to get to know foods better plus they do a recipe share im really looking forward to it as you get a folder with all your info in so you do not have to try and remember everything so here i go next week on my first meeting day

Hi Chezz, hope things are going well so far, this is by far my fav section of the minimins site as I just feel like I fit in, I was finding it hard when people say were talking of the one stone they needed to get off and I was thinking arghhh I have half my body weight to lose, this group will be a God send!! Good luck with the reshape programme, I think educating yourself re food etc is essential and I am sure it will really help. Good luck with your weigh in on Sun, I had my first weigh in today and lost 8 lbs so I am very happy at the mo, long way to go still but glad I have had a good start! Emma :D

well weigh in today and have lost 2lbs yippie coming off slow but im happy with this well done emma on your weight loss thats great what diet are you using i love this part to as i feel like i fit in here with all yhe weight i need to lose

well done Chezz, that is a great loss, I know 8 lbs was only because it was my first week, first weeks always seem to be higher but I am looking for hopefully a steady regular weight loss now. I am not doing a set diet as such, I am aiming for 1500 - 1700 calories a day at present and also watching my carb level as I was going OTT on carbs before!, I viewed it that this calorie amount already gives me a hell of a reduction on what I was having just a week or so ago and so at present I am not going too low with my calories as I need my food! ha ha I have to see this as a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix as I have so much weight to lose that I am in for the long haul and so want to start something I can hopefully keep up. What diet are you doing? Emma x

hi emma
yes i agree with you i want to lose it nicely not starve myself like yourself its got to be a way of life for me now and when i get to my ideal weight i can have the odd treat but not like i was doing lol i always so it cost me a lot of money and time to get like this so its going to take time to get it off lol im calorie counting and walking . your going to do great emma you seem to be in the right mind to be losing your weight so good luck

xx chezz xx

thanks Chezz, I so agree, I have done quick fix diets before but for me I didn't really educate myself eating wise along the way so as soon as I came off them I was like "food food food" and started the binge cycle again as a recovering binge eater I was told that it was just not right for me to do a crash type diet as it will only increase the chance of me returning to my old ways, this way hopefully I am educating myself re healthier eating along the way. I have to say I have never had such a varied diet as I am having now that I have cut all the crappy foods out! I am shocked that I am actually really enjoying my food now and looking forward to my meal times.

I'm also calorie counting and my exercise is walking as well, my young collie dog keeps me active, she has at least two walks a day often three, she like my personal trainer ha ha We do sound like we are tackling this weight loss issue in very similar ways, you are doing great as well, I hope we can remain buddies on here as I think we could support each other along the way.

I only started the weight loss stage just over a week ago but I feel like its been a long time coming as I first put myself through therapy to work on the binge eating and underlying issues as I had developed a lifestyle of starvation all day and then massive binges every evening, then the next step for me was allowing myself to eat regularly and allowing myself to basically eat what I wanted to at meal times but no binges and I did that for quite a while and really helped me give up the starvation / binge pattern and then the next step was the one I am on now where I actually watch closely what I eat each day and also aim for no binges, I think if I had gone from massive binges straight to diet amount I would have given up so for me it was a bit of a slow process!

Re treating yourself, you def should do that, I think a treat now and again is a must, its always nice to have something to look forward to, I am off out for a meal at Bella Italia next Wed which I am very much looking forward to that will be my first treat since I have started, I am going with my friend and afterwards we are off to the theatre to watch "Sister Act", I can't wait! I am also doing non food treats alot more and that really helps.

Emma x

hi emma yes i agree you need to have a treat are you will never stick to the diet like you said its got to be done slowly and this time its got to be a weigh of life for us not just a quick fix i would love us to stay buddies because i feel we can help each other and have simliar journeys to go on i think its great you have sorted out your issues before you started your diet thats one big bad wall you have knocked down and the journey can countinue ok we will all fall of the wagon at sometime but hey im not going to beat myself up like i use to im going to say ok girl you made a hiccup now get back on it and start again i know if i dont i will be back to square one this is why this time i have told family and friends so they can support me.
enjoy your itallian and i bet sister act will be brill i love musicals the last one i saw was lee mead in tecnicoulour dream coat loved hubby hated it so do not get to see them have a great day and enjoy yourself its emma day its your treat day

xxchezzxx

thanks Chezz, oh I love musicals as well, I am so looking forward to seeing "Sister Act", my mate loves the theatre as well but she can never get her partner along as he hates it especially musicals just like your husband so we always go to see everything together. I haven't see the Joseph one but I know my parents did a while back and loved it, the last one I went to see was "Phantom of the Opera" which was out of this world, I couldn't take my eyes off the stage it was breathtaking! I saw Lee Mead in the musical "Wicked" I think it was when I went on a trip to London with the same friend and he was fab in that. We always have a meal before the theatre and I didn't really want to sound like a spoil sport and say "lets skip the meal this time" and anyway I feel that if I have been on track a nice meal out at Bella Italia will be a lovely reward and might make it easier to keep going as I will not feel hard done by!!

I think most of us will fall off the wagon to varying degrees at some point but I guess that is why the support on places like this is so important, even in my first wk last wk I went through various emotions from feeling great and motivated to feeling as if I just couldn't do it and this group kept me on track, I know I will slip up at times but we are only human and I think thats part and parcel of being on a diet, the issue is how we deal with the slip up, keep on slipping up or kind of pick yourself up dust yourself off and think so I had a slip up, oh well it happens, now lets get back to it, the damage often isn't the first slip up its the thinking you have slipped up that makes you think "sod it" and eat everything in sight, I have done that so many times before!

I think we will make great buddies on here, similar way of dieting and similar amount of weight to lose, we are both in for the long haul so I think we will need the support of someone in a similar situation to ourselves. Em x

lol emma its like you read my mind everything you have said i agree lol you made me laugh i said wow its like i have wrote that yes we are going to be great buddys and there for each other when we need the support plus having a chit chat

xxchezzxx

oh yes always up for a chit chat ha ha I can talk for England or so I have been told! :D I felt the same when reading your posts its as if I could have written them myself, its great to find someone on the same wavelength! Anyway better head off to bed now so see you back on here soon, 10th whole day completed today! yay Em x

well done em on your 11th day today well done hun well i went over to see mum today been looking at some pics of me took in april this year bloody hell i look like 5 chins lolol but to me i feel i lookthe same even though i dont lol i have moved the scales so i cannot get on them all the time put under the bed hope you have had a great day talk real soon

xxchezxx

Back