A Lunar Food Diary

Lunar

:) Hello :)

Ok, am going to give this a go and see how far it goes.
I have a lot of weight to lose, love food, work with food, and have zero willpower. Add to that PCOS and insulin resistance, and an adoration of all things chocolate, cola, curry, chocolate, pizza, icecream, chocolate, cake, and oh yes CHOCOLATE, which all adds up to an unhealthy apple shaped blob that really needs to lose some weight :eek:

Before Xmas I saw a nutritionist about the PCOS and IR and the diet she gave does work - slowly but it was working, and then had an upset and came off it, so am going to give it another go, and aim for a 10 % loss by Xmas.

Very basically, if its a vegetable and a wholegrain then its a go, if its processed and chocolate then its a no :sigh: :p

Day 1.

B - Porridge made with water, a nectarine and 1 dsp maple syrup.

L - 3 small baby baked potatoes, 3 small blackeye pea and spinach burgers with a salad of cucumber, 2 grated carrots, 3 small tomatoes, 1 apple, and some tahini dressing.

D - Tomato, red pepper and lentil soup, a soya yogurt with 2 tbsp ground seeds.

S - 2 small pieces of flapjack

D - Lots of water and peppermint tea

Your food diary sounds good. :) Welcome and good luck.

Even if you aren't following a VLCD it's still good to glug loads of water as part of your weight loss journey.

Ciao for now :)

A little adventure

Ok, after a disastrous easter, and a lot of thought, this week I decided to have a go at the CD :) (thank you to all those who have shared their stories, you are truely inspirational ). Last night at the start of Emmerdale, I rang my local CDC, and by the time Corrie came on, I was there, getting all the bumph and 4 boxes of packs, and have started this morning :eek: Wibble :silly:

At the moment I'm just going to focus on this month and the 28 days of packs (dont want to waste the all that money lol!) and not think past that. Fingers crossed that my willpower makes it, I mean, come on willpower, its just 28 days, 28 days that could make a difference right ?

Day 1
Had my first shake (fruits of the forest), and it was ok, quite bland, but drinkable. Glugging lost of water, and for a few hours in, feel ok. Have decided on Broccoli and Cheese soup, and Chocolate and Mint for dinner.
Just another 27.5 days to go now :D

Hiya, glad you decided to bite the bullet and go for the CD when you did!! Sometimes, if we think too much about something we wont do it at all so its great you were able to get your stuff so quickly!

You will get used to the flavours, but remember to keep drinking the water and that your tastes may change over the next couple of weeks so what tastes bland now may be delicious by next week!!

Best of luck!

OH BOTHERATION :mad:

Yesterday was Day 1 of the CD and apart from feeling a little wibbly and slightly headachy all went well.

Today all was going well too, good energy, lots of water, the shakes were ok, and then at 9pm went into the kitchen and without even thinking ate a large bag of crisps. It was only as the bag went into the bin and saw the packet from lunch that my brain kicked in and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FECK :mad:
Day 2 and already caved in :cry: How the heck do you "forget" that you're doing something like the CD ?! It was the sheer mindlessness of it thats got to me. I wasn't hungry, I didn't need them, I didn't enjoy them, and now they are sat in my stomach like stone, and I have that uncomfortable eaten to much feeling :break_diet:

The kitchen cupboards have now been emptied and everything "bad" opened and covered in washing up liquid.
I AM NOT MAKING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN :mad:

Apologies for being so grumpy, but am slightly annoyed with myself.

Hope everyone else has had a good day :)

Day 3

Did it :D No cheating at all !

Yesterday was a bit of a shock and a wake up, and has enforced a serious think about the motivation for eating those crisps and how it left me feeling. It wasn't good.
This is going to sound really silly, but reading back tonight I got really upset seeing the little crying angel emoticon and what it represents and not just in terms of breaking a diet :sigh:

Hope everyone has had a good day :)

Back