A Man's Take On Things......

vanishing

Hi All,

I though it might be nice to see how things go for a man following the plan. I see this is a female dominated forum and it's high time things changed. :D
Firstly thanks for taking a look at my diary. Today is the day I start my CD journey and i'm bricking it. I have tried the plan previously and managed 36hrs. I have previously lost 4 stone with SW but I need to shift some of this weight and I want it to happen quickly.

My first concern is the festive season, I must be bonkers starting this so close to xmas but if I don't i'm wasting weeks where I could be losing pounds. I will just have 2 days off the plan, a works do (all day drinking session) and xmas day.

I don't know my starting weight yet but its 23stone+, I will know by this afternoon when I meet my consultant. I will set myself lots of mini goals but the ultimate goal is that I'm getting married in April.

I'm off to meet my consultant shortly so will be back along this afternoon to fill you all in

Catch....

Hiya & welcome. Well done on losing 4 st with slimmingworld, I lost 4 stone on that diet too. Met my partner in May this year and regained 1 and a half stone again. Just completed my first week of CD and lost 9lbs & 7 1/2 inches & my bmi went down by 1 1/2 points. It's harder than I thought it would be but like you I want quicker results now.. I'm 18lbs away from target.

Stick with it and you will see results! There's no point in spending £49 a week if your going to cheat/ give up.

Good luck x

Well, things were pretty much as expected, weighed in at 23st 9lb, the heaviest I've ever been. Strangely I wasn't distraught as I thought I would be, i felt kind of smug that it will soon be going down.

My consultant was very laid back and all the problems I raised were soon no problems at all. I was concerned that I work long shifts of 12-13 hours both days and nights. A night shift can see me awake for upto 20 hours which I was very concerned about. Another issue I had was that my work means i'm not always close to a toilet and I know from previous experience that as soon as I up my water intake i'm peeing like a racehorse. My final issue was that I suffer with bad headaches so the thought of them plus the ketosis headaches could be a big problem for me.

I have gone for the pre made shakes as I find the powder ones very erm 'powdery' and difficult to mix. I have also opted for the tomato soups and a couple of the mint choc shakes at the recommendation of the consultant.

So far today I have had 1 strawberry shake, a tomato soup and i'm currently cooking a chicken which I will mix with salad and mushrooms. Weirdly I already feel hungry which i'm convinced is a mental thing due to me knowing that I can't eat all the usual crap.

Finally just in case there was any chance of me finding this easy my Mrs has gone and done the 'Big Shop' and got loads of naughty foods. It's gonna be a looooong few days but i'm determine to do it, but i'm gonna need you guys to support me along the way

Catch.....

Seems such a massive loss that is needed so I have broke it down into smaller targets. Will put them on my Signature to remind myself of them each time I post. I'm going to really use this forum to help me stay on track

Catch...

good luck with your journey! This is a really good place to keep you motivted and stay on track. The diet is amazing and the weight dropping off keeps you motivated. I can't believe how much I have already lost in 11 weeks. It really is worth it.

Well day 1 is complete and I have now lasted longer than last time. Today has been ok, drank 4.5 ltrs water, drank plenty of coffee and stck to plan 100% without much difficulty. Lets hope tomorrow is the same

Good luck with your journey!! The first few days can be really hard I know but just hold on, it gets much easier and especially when you start seeing the results - it's the best feeling ever :)

Great to see another guy on here. I'm currently on day 11 - first weigh-in is tomorrow. As guys we get the benefit of losing weight far quicker, so make the most of that.

This forum is a great place for support, inspiration and distraction.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Adam

well into day 2 and all still going well. I have had my first powder shake this am and remembered why I struggled last time out on this plan, they just won't mix regardless how hard you try. Still no real hunger but I have had to move all the bread out of sight as it was far too tempting.

Things are more difficult as my mrs struggles to put weight on so has to constantly eat crap. This is really difficult for me, not for my desire to eat crap with her more to not strangle her for this very annoying issue she has!!! ;-)

How are you trying to mix your shakes? By hand?

They mix a lot better if you use an electric blender - something that looks like this:

braun-stick-blender-mr4000.jpg

You can add ice to them then so that they come out more like slushies. Taste a whole lot better that way!

Haha Lilly was the picture in case that I, as a male, wasn't familiar with a kitchen instrument? :D Yeah I have been using a blender but still find i'm left with 'bits'. Tetra is the future!!

Hi Vanishing and welcome to your CWP journey and the forum of course :) Glad you got through the first day well hopefully it'll be the first of many and before you know it those melting lbs with be melting stones and you'll never look back :)

I'm surprised you're having a problem with bits with a hand blender, i use one all the time and whisk for about 30 ecs and it turns into a lovely fluffy milkshake with no bits and when im at work i use a hand shaker i got from boots for 69p, ok i do have to shake for about 7-8mins but that gives the same taste.

What work is it you do if you dont mind me asking? I too work 12hr shifts both nights and day and ive personally found when im on a run of night shifts i lose a lot more

good luck with your journey and have a lovely, temptation free, weekend

Haha Lilly was the picture in case that I, as a male, wasn't familiar with a kitchen instrument? :D Yeah I have been using a blender but still find i'm left with 'bits'. Tetra is the future!!

Absolutely. :D It's never a good idea to assume. And you'd be surprised how many females aren't familiar with kitchen instruments either - a lot of folks visualise food-mixers when you say blender... :)

Hmm, sorry about the 'bits' - that's not actually a problem I'm familiar with either. Maybe a tea-strainer's the way to go? ;)

Thank for all the replies. I work for the Ambulance Service hense the long shifts. I will give the blender another go. I'm struggling a little bit more today, feeling hungry and generally tempted by everything i see! Not anywhere need undoable just tougher than yesterday

Vanishing i think a lot of people find weekend more difficult regardless of whether you're working or not and my personal take on it is because traditionally weekends are the times when diets go out the window and you have takeaways etc when you get used to a few your mindset should change and it'll be a bit easier. I would ordinarily say a busy day at work does help but in ambulance driving i would never wish for a busy day, dont want people being poorly. I'm a mental health nurse so i know how the shifts are

I used to work in mental health - both secure and community. Very tough job - thankless at times. Work stress takes on a whole new meaning after that.

Keep plodding on chief - just had my first weigh-in - 16lbs down, you can do it too.

16lb in a week? Amazing, i bet your chuffed at that. Ive just downloaded a new album and i'm off out for a long walk with the dog

Day 3, half done. Tough Tough day today, not particularly feeling any different from previous days just been around more temptation and found it really difficult to avoid but proud to say other than a coffee I managed to avoid everything on offer.

Back