a new attempt at getting to my goal

lilyx

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, but Ive decided to get back onto the bandwagon in time for the Christmas countdown. A little bit about me: Im 22, 5ft5 and currently 145lbs. I hit my lowest weight since deciding to lose weight in June this year at 130lbs before my holiday but have gained most of it back since coming back. I struggle with binge and comfort eating and I've had a really rough time recently but I think I need the "control" of calorie counting to get me back into shape. I lost 15lbs in 6 weeks last time so Im aiming for something similar. I generally try and stick to a 2lbs a week loss and one "cheat day" a week.

I'll try and post my menu's and progress as I go along. I find it much easier writing down what I eat than trying to tot it all up in my head! :sigh:

Yesterday's menu is as below. I didnt have breakfast (I normally have porridge) so my calories were a bit lower than I normally aim for. I went to M&S so I picked up a few of there meals! I typically spread my calories out 200 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 400 for dinner, 200 for snacking, but this changes depending on what I have as I carry over the remaining calories to the next meal part of the day!

L:
M&S Flatbread (310)
M&S Salad Bowl (50)
Diet Coke (2)

D:
M&S Beef Stroganaff (380)

S:
Snackajacks (92)
Walkers Baked (103)
Walkers Baked (103)
2 glasses of fizzy lemonade (6)

=1046

I haven't had breakfast yet as I've been working all morning so Im gonna go make myself some porridge and a large cuppa coffee!

Today's Plan is below! I haven't struggled too much today which makes me happy, Day two is always the hardest! Im feeling very positive at the moment about dieting and losing weight

Breakfast:
Coffee w/Skim Milk (20)
Chocolate Porridge (121)
Skim milk (35)

Lunch
Can of tuna (129)
Chunky Tomato and Orzo soup (284)
Salad Leave (5)
Light Pizza Express Dressing (40)

Dinner:
M&S Thai Green Curry (400)

Snacks:
Fizzy lemon water (6)
Walkers Baked Crisps (103)
Hot Chocolate (40)

=1183

I ended up having a sweet (better than the whole bag though right???), some diet fizzy vimto and some salad leaves with my evening meal. Cant see that being more than about 60 calories, but still over my goal though ):

So far I've had
Breakfast:
Coffee x 2 (20)
Chocolate Porridge (121)
Skim Milk (35)

I need to go into town and pick up some food for the rest of the week, probably sticking to soups and salad for lunch but need to think a bit about what to eat in the evenings! argh!

All Im aiming for is a 2lb loss this week!

Breakfast:
Coffee x 2 (20)
Chocolate Porridge (121)
Skim Milk (35)

Lunch:
Fizzy Vimto (6)
Chocolate Porridge (121) again, oops!
Milk (35)

Dinner:
Jacket Potato (250)
Tuna (129)
Rocket (5)
Tomato Salsa (30)
Dressing (40)

Snacks:
Snackajacks (92)
Walkers Baked (103)
Hot Chocolate (40)

=1148

YUM your food is exactly the sort of stuff I like, the chunky tomato and orzo soup sounds delish. Where is the chocolate porridge from?

Its the Oat So Simple Chocolate, Its a kiddy one but I like it and soothes my cravings for sweetness! Oat So Simple Kids will Love -
I really like it anyway!

So far today I've had:

Breakfast:
Coffee x2 (20)
Chocolate Porridge (121)
Milk (35)

Lunch:
Microwave Rice (316)
Rocket (5)
Dressing (40)

Snacks:
Walkers Baked (103)

So Im currently on 640, Struggling a little more today as I really need to go shopping so Im just eating out of my cupboards, Microwave Rice? really!?? Hahah I don't know!

Today I've had:

Breakfast:
Coffee x 2 (20)
Chocolate Porridge (121)
Milk (35)

Lunch:
Slices of Roast Beef (200)

Dinner:
Jacket Potato (250)

Snacks:
Snackajacks (92)
Kit Kat (107)
Caramel Hot Chocolate (40)
Fizzy Water (20)
Pickled Onions (10)
=895

I've not been very hungry, in fact today I've been a bit ill so I've hardly ate anything, My throat is really sore and I think that Im going to get the flu or something over the next few days. I move into my new house a week today so Im keeping positive about dropping a few more lbs before we have our move in party! Overall I feel fine and really happy about my eating the last few days, no binging or cravings either which suprises me! Hopefully this weekend I'll be good still! Although I weigh daily my official weigh in is on Monday morning and I've already lost 3.2lbs so far this week so I can see there being a loss still :)

I actually think Im going to have some more sliced roast beef just to up my calories a bit!

Forgot to update yesterday!

porridge (121)
milk (35)
coffee (10)
vegetable pilaff (450)
fizzy water (20)
crisps (87)
mint (40)
mint (40)
mint (40)
mint (40)
beef (200)
bread roll with butter (300)
crisps (86)
=1469

For some reason I decided to eat a bread roll with a bit of butter on, it wasn't worth it but I don't think its done any damage as my calories have been quite low the previous two days!

Oops, Forgot about posting here for a while! I've been on eating "fine" but not been recording things and haven't lost any weight either unfortunately. but I'm taking the fact i haven't gained as a good thing. Im currently sick with the flu but I'm battling on! I'm not counting things like lemon and honey drinks so my cals will probably be a bit too much but id rather be better!

today for lunch i picked up this Sausage with Sweet Potato Mash which I have no idea how its 260 calories for the whole pack! two sausages and sweet potato (and carrot!) mash! it was so yummy, I'm defo buying it again. I'm not one for ready meals but considering I'm sick, and its cold it really hit the spot! i bought mine from sainsburys! I also got the sweet potato cottage pie one which looks yummy!

Breakfast
Nothing- Felt too sick!

Lunch:
kirstsy sausage and sweet potato mash (260)
peas (75)
diet coke (1)

I have alot of calories left for today so I'll probs have a big dinner!

Yesterday was:
Breakfast
Nothing- Felt too sick!

Lunch:
kirstsy sausage and sweet potato mash (260)
peas (75)
diet coke (1)

Dinner:
diet coke with lemon (4)
pot noodle thing (177)
porridge (137)
milk (35)
hot chocolate (40)
=729

way too low, but Im not that hungry as I'm so sick!

Today I've had a Caesar salad (282) and two hot drinks (40), I really need to eat some more stuff but I just can't force it down at the moment.

Lunch:
Ceaser Salad (282)

Dinner:
Chicken Arribatta Meal Soup (232)
Corriander (10)
Raspberries (33)
Biscuit (69)

Porridge (137)
Milk (35)

Pombears (97)
Passion Fruit (17)
Passion Fruit (17)

Drinks:
Coffee x 3 (30)
Tea x 1 (10)
Coke with Lime (4)
cranberry juice (15)

=973

I really need to eat some more but Im terrible at forcing food down! Might have some pitta and houmous!

Last edited:
Listen to your body. Eat when you can and just get yourself better. Drink plenty fluids.x

Hope you feel better soon. Pitta & hummous is my fave. Also will keep an eye out for the sausage and sweet potato mash meal you mentioned to maybe keep in the freezer for emergencies.

thanks guys! i feel a bit better today actually so a bit more positive!

Breakfast
Iced Latte (160)
Tea (10)

Lunch
Cottage pie (288)
Peas (75)
Coke with Lime (4)

Dinner:
Chicken Laska Soup (298)
Corriander (10)
Coke with Lime (4)
Raspberries (48)

Chicken (225)
Passionfruit (17)
Passionfruit (17)
Passionfruit (17)

=1163

Last edited:
Hi just dropping on so I can subscribe to your diary so I can keep up with how your doing. Nothing worse then feeling ill when on a diet. X

keep forgetting to update here! oops! good news is Im actually better! I'm not losing at all so I don't know what to do, I eat under my calorie limit all the time and tend to eat normally over the weekend, but nothing is dropping off. I might go a join the gym again but nothing seems to be working! I do the 30 dat shred everyday as well! ughh! frustrating! I've been under my calorie limit all week so I just don't get why i have no losses!

coffee(10)
tea (10)
porridge (137)
milk (35)
strawberries (60)
coffee (10)
pitta (161)
goulash (201)
salad (10)
dressing (80)
tomatoes (10)
spring onions (5)
cucumber (10)
coke (1)
coke (1)
crisps (103)
strawberries (60)
breadstick (21)
breadstick (21)
breadstick (21)
breadstick (21)
hot chocolate (35)
passionfruit (17)
vimto (4)
vimto (4)
=1039

Hi Lily- glad you are feeling better. I am trying to get back into 30DS too- did Level 1 Day 1 on Tuesday and forgot how bloody hard it is!! Have you got proper hand weights?

BerryBerry said:
Hi Lily- glad you are feeling better. I am trying to get back into 30DS too- did Level 1 Day 1 on Tuesday and forgot how bloody hard it is!! Have you got proper hand weights?

I done it without weights lol and still found it blinking hard! Lol

I feel terrible for not updating in so long, i fell of the wagon and I've finally booked our holiday in 8 weeks so I need to get back on it. I didnt want to start another diary so I felt like i should just bump this one up! I've been calorie counting for a week successfully (apart from a Saturday mishap!) so I feel I can make myself public with my dairy as I know I'm sticking to it so far.

I currently weigh 144lbs, I'd ideally like to be 134lbs (or less, ideally below 130lbs but im allowing for mishaps) by my holiday which is totally doable in 8 weeks! Currently I go to personal training for a hour daily (HIIT and Powerplate sessions) and run to burn 200 cals a day. I stick to 1200 calories a day and dont current eat my exercise calories back but I will start if I feel I need to. I have a sedentary job so I sit on my bum all day and picking is my worst trait! I drink too much diet coke and coffee! I tend to skip breakfast as Im a late riser (joys of being self employed!). I snack a bit as well but allow for this within my calorie structure.

Today I've Had:

B: Tea & Sugar (23)

L: Home-made Burger (164) simply made with 115g extra lean mince & 50g white onions, all purpose seasoning and salt
Low Cheese Slice (39)
Warbatons Sandwich Thin (100)
Frylight (10)
Onion (5)
Salad (10)
Dressing (21)
Ketchup (15)

Drinks: 2 x Diet Coke (2)

= 389

For dinner I'll probably have another burger as it was absolutely delicious, the cheese made it all melty and gooey and felt so much more decadent than it was! Mmmm so yummy! I'll probably have it with some brocoli and baby corn as I need to use it up. The rest of my calories will probably be jam on toast as a late night snack and a packet of crisps.

Will report back :)

Weigh ins are on Mondays!

Back