A new 'fat burning lip balm' on sale this week.....

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
A 'fat burning' lip balm going on sale this week has been attacked as a marketing ploy which preys on women's fears about gaining weight.

The balm was launched in the U.S. earlier this year as a 'fat reduction breakthrough' that can help women control their appetite and boost energy.

The makers claim the £4.95 product contains appetite suppressants and improves metabolism with a simple lick of the lips.

But British critics say the lip salve will do little to cause 'substantive' weight loss, and there is no substitute for eating less and exercising more.

Dr Allan Kurtz, the American doctor behind the lip balm, which can be bought online in the UK, said he invented it because there was a demand from his patients for a weight loss aid.
He said: 'People who have used this have reported losing between 6lb and 10lb without changing anything else. It works by suppressing appetite.

'There are always cookies and cakes in my office and when I wear this I see my appetite going away.

'Because it goes into your system through your lips it works quickly and you still get the oral gratification of putting something on your mouth.'

article-1208628-062BBD32000005DC-400_468x108.jpg

The balm contains hoodia extract which Dr Kurtz claims is an appetite suppressant.

It was originally used in plant form by Kalahari bushmen.

It also contains green tea extract to 'aid metabolism' - previous U.S. research suggests drinking green tea may increase energy levels by 4 per cent - and chromium picolinate which 'helps burn fat and increase energy'.

The ingredients are contained within a grease mixture made from shea butter and safflower oil.

Tam Fry, of the National Obesity Forum, said both green tea and hoodia were thought to help with weight loss, although tests showing this have been carried out on different forms of consumption.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208628/Fat-burning-lip-balm-attacked--does-actually-work.html#ixzz0PBHShTKf

LOL how bizarre! if only weightloss was as simple as a LIPBALM!!

X

Right, tell me if I got this right

*buys lip balm*
*buys 5 pork pies*
*puts on lip balm*
*eats 5 pork pies*

*DOESN'T gain weight*

What's wrong with this picture? Fnarrrrrr.

Hahahaha!!!

Another market gimmick that preys on those desperate to loose weight..whatever next?!

I've got this new amazing slimming trend. You MUST try it. It's called EATING PROPERLY AND EXERCISING!

You do this all day every day and you WILL lose weight, GUARANTEED!! No joke, no word of a lie! On the No KFC for Me plan you will enjoy countless days of filling your face with fresh fruit and veg, following them by a half hour brisk walk around the park. The pounds will DROP off!!

It's BRILLIANT!! Now... if only I could put it in a lip balm...

There's a great idiot dieters lip balm already on sale, it's called superglue!! :eek:

Back