A New Journey - Getting so close

FatGurlSlim

Hello All!

I have decided to start a new diary, as I've regained a few pounds (after a few holidays!) and wanted a fresh start as I get back on the straight and narrow. Weighed in this morning at 10st 7lb. My goal weight at the moment is 9st 7lb, so I have a stone to lose. I would like to achieve this by the 25th October, so that's 1.75lb to lose a week.

Usually when I go on a weight loss drive I have an event I want to look nice for, but I have nothing coming up, so it's a bit strange! I am not overweight anymore, but I am not looking my best right now, and I am also very unfit, so unlike before, I also plan to have exercise goals.

In terms of SW, I am vegan, so I always do green days (though red would be possible eating protein like tofu and cutting down on pasta etc).

Food diary:

Superfree: strawberries, tomato passata, courgette, red pepper, red onion, garlic
Free: Pasta, baked potato, baked beans
HeA: Soya milk
HeB: Olive oil
Syns: 2 x soya yoghurt (4), vegan cheese (2) tsp sugar

Today was very carb heavy, but after eating so much on holiday, I think my appetite has grown a bit, so I needed really hearty food! Hoping some of the pounds are water retention from eating lots of salt and PMT. Will probably weigh in tomorrow to see if that's the case, as I seem to have been running to the toilet all day, so fingers crossed!

Ahhhh. It's been a crazy three weeks since I posted that. Lost five pounds, put four back on. So overall, a loss, but totally off target for my goal date.

Time to set a new goal date, and get back on the wagon. Actually dreamt about my weight last night, but in my dream, I'd put on over a stone. Clearly my subconscious wants the over eating to stop!

Thought I'd really nailed my overeating with SW, but I know it's completely emotional right now. I think there are things I can do to calm myself, so I don't need food.

Going to go to the supermarket today, and get food sorted to start again tomorrow.

Goal weight is 9st 7lb, by 6th November.

Had a good first day yesterday, with 7 syns, and tonnes of superfree. Ended up having a late lunch, so had pineapple, pink grapefruit, melon, banana and mango for dinner with a dollop of soya yoghurt (free) and some vegan, low gi 'honey' (3 syns).

Terrible day yesterday, food-wise. Started off really well, with free sausages on toast, jacket for lunch, and loads of kale. I had a mango and some pineapple. Thing is, I was hungry ALL DAY. I mean constantly ravenous. I had a SW friendly meal of veg curry and rice (but the curry had paste and light coconut milk, so 9 syns). Then it went down hill. Some crisps and a couple of biscuits.

I am therefore going to stick to 5 syns today and tomorrow, which will hopefully even everything out by WI.

Also, I have pretty bad pmt, so am wondering if that's to blame for my giant appetite?

Had a good day yesterday - didn't quite make up for the previous day, as I had ten syns rather than the 5 I was aiming for, but the rest of the day was packed with good superfree foods, and overall I was pretty happy. I will start writing my food diary in here again, as I used to do. I can't remember all of yesterday's food now though!

So far today:

HeA: 2 x soya milk
HeB: 2 x bread
SF: melon
F: vegan sausages, jacket potato
Syns: vegan cheese (2)

Going to make pasta for dinner, with a tomato and roast veg sauce, and a large side of greens.

Going to a wedding tomorrow, so not sure how my eating will be. I shall have a healthy SW breakfast, take fruit with me to avaoid fatty canapes, and enjoy the main meal, as it is being very kindly provided for me. I don't drink anyway, so that is easy! Hopefully I should be able to have a pretty good SW day, maybe a few syns over depending on the meal.

Feeling pretty gross, spotty, oily and chubby at the moment - it TOTM. Also feeling gross because a lot of my clothes are getting to big. I know this is a good thing, but it still makes you feel horrible when your trousers are feeling down and your shirts are billowing around you! I am going to do some clothes shopping this afternoon. Not too much though, as I still have nearly a stone to lose!

*tail between legs*

Despite my good intentions, all my target dates have been and gone, and I a,m HEAVIER than before. :cry:

The good news is, I am 10st 12lb, which means I'm under 11 stone, which is a benchmark for me. I've put on 6lb since my last entry here, and nearly a stone since my lowest weight! Not good!

Finally I have my motivation back though, which is helpful.

I plan to start today with vegan sausages (free) beans (free) and 2 x small slices of toast (HeB). Lunch will be soya yoghurt and fruit (because of how late breakfast is) and for dinner I'll make some simple brown rice with oven roasted mediterranean veg (with oil from my other HeB). Not sure about syns yet.

I'm hoping that some of the weight is water weight, as the last couple of pounds have appeared really quickly. It's five weeks until Christmas, and I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to be ten stone by then.

I am probably going to re-read some of my old diaries for food inspiration.

Well done for jumping back on the wagon before too much damage is done I would too like to lose 12lbs before Christmas- I'm sure it's possible with the right motivation! I weigh in on Mondays and am completely back on track today- ill follow your diary for ideas and maybe we can help eachother along :)

Well done for jumping back on the wagon before too much damage is done I would too like to lose 12lbs before Christmas- I'm sure it's possible with the right motivation! I weigh in on Mondays and am completely back on track today- ill follow your diary for ideas and maybe we can help eachother along :)

That sounds great! It's extra motivating to have a slimming buddy :D Thanks.

I will look up your diary. 12lb is possible! We can do it!

At the end of day 3 of SW...Going well so far. Been eating well - things like rice, loads of superfree, beans etc. Thoroughly enjoying my food, and wondering why I fall off the wagon - I enjoy eating this way so much!

Can't remember exactly what I ate the last two days, but on the first day I had 6 syns (4 from pre-made rice, which is silly, cause I could have had free, but it's easier, and I 'm happy to lose the syns) and soya yoghurt (2). Yesterday, I had about 5 syns, 2 yoghurt, 2 rice and 1 for a drizzle of oil on my salad. I am feeling less bloated already - I spent the first day running to the toilet :rolleyes: and my skin is already looking a bit better (it gets horrible SO FAST when I'm eating rubbish!)

Today's food:

HeA: 2 x sweetened soya milk
HeB: 1 x bread - will prob have extra virgin olive oil for the other one

Breakfast: toast (HeB) beans and vegan sausages
Lunch: (small because breakfast was MASSIVE) yog (2) and banana

Not sure what I'll have for tea yet. Can't be bothered to cook, so might just chuck some veg in the oven, and have with spud or rice.

Food today:

Breakfast: vegan sausages, beans, toast (heB)
Lunch: banana, strawberries, Soya yoghurt (2)
Snacks: yoghurt (2) pink grapefruit
Dinner: jacket potato, salad, veggie curry (2 syns coconut milk)

If I feel hungry again later, I might have more fruit and yoghurt- had a real hankering for it today. I also still have lots of soya milk left from both my heA.

Ended up being too much of a social butterfly yesterday so only ate brunch, which was beans (free), sausages (free) and toast (one of my healthy extra b's.

So far today I've had crisps (terrible choice, 10 syns), bread (heB) and sausages (free). Dinner with be mainly free: huge serving of watercress with jacket potato and low fat veg curry (syns).

Yesterday, I ended up having the curry and jacket potato, with the watercress, extra virgin olive oil as my HeB, and 2 soya yoghurts. My total syns for yesterday were 14.

Urgh...having one of those days where you just feel constantly hungry. I don't want to go overboard with my eating, as it's weigh in tomorrow!

So far had:

Breakfast: 2 x vegan sausages (free), 2 x small slices bread ( 1 of my HeBs), tea with soya milk
Lunch: 2 x small jacket potatoes (free), beans (free) tiny bit of vegan cheese (3) watercress salad (superfree) and oil ( other HeB)
Snacks: soya yoghurt (2) and uncle ben rice pouch (3) small mango (superfree) and more tea (HeA)

If I'm still hungry after this rice, I will just try drinking water. I hate hungry days!

Looks like your doing well! I hate having hungry days i just never feel satisfied! However i just normally have sardines or any oily fish or even sea food sticks as i have big weight losses doing this :) fruit is never enough when im starving!! Keep up the good work anyway :) xxx

Back