Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A new me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tinkerbelle888, 17 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Tinkerbelle888

Tinkerbelle888 Full Member

Hello all, my name is Anna and I joined this forum as everyone seems so lovely and encouraging! :)
    I've struggled with my weight all my life.
    I lost four stone for my wedding six years ago but due to being menopausal and bad habits creeping in I gained it all back.
    I decided that twenty eleven was going to be the year of healthy eating for me ( as opposed to year of the rabbit. ;))
    In January I formed a walking club for family members and we walk once a week for an hour, briskly, usually covering about 2 1/2 miles. I enjoyed it so much I decided to keep going and I walk briskly every night after work for 30 minutes.
    I went to see my gp and she has agreed to weigh me monthly.
    I've lost half a stone so far.
    She did tell me it's 10 times harder to lose weight at 54 than at 44 :(, but I am committed to being a healthier girl at the end of this year.
    I've a long way to go!
    Here's to health!
    * Clinks glass*
    Anna
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tinkerbelle888

Oh! I forgot to say, my starting weight was 15 stone. Heaviest I've ever been.
    At 5'4" :cry:
    Now, 14.7 :D

4. MaisieMoodle

MaisieMoodle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating.
    <raises glass of sugar free squash> ;)

Well done on your half a stone, onwards and [STRIKE]up[/STRIKE] downwards :D

5. Tinkerbelle888

Thanks Maisie! I'm am trying hard and feel so much better for getting the 7 lbs off, but low fat foods ain't that nice, simple as lol.
    However the feeling of looser clothes is....
    :cool:

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Congratulations on the half stone off

Irene xx

7. JuicyMango

JuicyMango Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done for a great start Anna, everyone here is so lovely and welcoming, so dive in and good luck!

8. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi tinkerbelle888 welcome to minimins i am about the same age as u and i thought i would have a lot of trouble losing the weight but have found if i stick to plan properly it does come off, are u following any particulat diet? good luck losing the lbs x

9. Tinkerbelle888

hi Irene, thanks so much for the lovely welcome!
    xxx

10. Tinkerbelle888

Juicy, thanks for the encouragement! xxxx

11. Tinkerbelle888

Hi Valerie,
    no particular diet, just eating as healthily as I can under the supervision of my doctor.
    I am the biggest junk food eater in creation! I love Chinese, crisps, sausage rolls, if it's high in fat I love it lol! However I was ill before Christmas and I got to thinking about how I really needed to make changes in the new year. There's a history of heart disease in our family ( no wonder, the serial eating we do :D ) so I decided to take things in hand.
    A typical day for me ( foodwise ) would be
    Breakfast : Cereal and coffee
    Break Cereal
    Lunch: boxed salad that I make myself with all the usual ingredients, lettuce, toms, pickles, lean ham, pine nuts, edam cheese.
    I also have a bag of low fat crisps or snack a jacks as I crave crisps so much.
    Dinner will be whatever I cook for the family, but I've really cut back on red meat and we eat a lot more chicken and pork now.
    I've started walking five nights a week and at the weekend I allow myself some treats, Wine, and even a takeaway!
    Otherwise I would go crazy lol :)
    Love
    Anna
    xxx

12. Tinkerbelle888

Oh and Valerie
    a typical days eating for me before would have been
    Breakfast
    None
    Break
    Sausages ( 2) in a roll with TWO pats of real butter
    Lunch Sandwiches and chocolate and crisps
    Dinner Takeaways or red meat dishes
    Supper wine, crisps, peanuts and chocolate!
    It's a wonder I got out the door lol x

13. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi anna quite a healthy diet u had b4 then lol sounds a bit like my old way of eating mind u it doesn't take much for me to slip up and go back to it :eek: but as long as i keep coming back thats the main thing xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.