• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A Nut Crunch bar that actually did!!!!

Sez

has started again!!
I have a Nut Crunch every day, as (weird I know) I actually like them!! I cannot stand the other LL bars as they make me gag big time.

I would never have named it a Nut Crunch as it is a total misnomer; more like a Nut Chew&chew&chew&chew!!!! LOL

However, for my lunch today I opened a bar and it really is crunchy!! Dates are always good on these bars, and no idea why the difference, but its really good!

Any thoughts?? (How small & sad my world of eating has become, to obsess over a bar.......)

xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I know what you mean Sez, I think they have changed the recipe lately as I have noticed that my new batch , seems .... nutier! You can actaully see the nuts and it s more kinda curmbly too and tastes less cardboardy. Now I have always preferred this bar because it lasts ages you just cant gobble one of these fellas up fast and I need a coffee with it to get it down but they really fill me up. Many in mu goup hate them with a vengence , but when i mentioned I thought they were crunchier and told them about half a pack of banana made into a custard with hot water and then half a nut bar crumbled on the top(mmmmh!) they were all after them!
BTW I am definately definately an EX FAT PERSON after my telling off LOL!

Love carole

tishtosh

Hopeful for the future
MMMM Banana custard - must try!

I know what you mean too.

I think Heaven is right as I have noticed recently that they have what look like proper nuts and they seem bigger. I tend to microwave some of it so it goes crunchy, but they have been tending not to crunch up more.

My group are also eating more of these, I think our tastes have changed as to begin with we all thought they were not that great.

I too think they are great with cuturd or as a cheescake thingy frozen with different layers of shakes on top.

I think we are probably all going mad as I am really going to miss some of the packs and making the crisps and biscuits with the other bars when I am in management.

Yep , definately going mad , probaly not healthy to be obsesing about this , but when you have so little choice in what to eat its gotta be done gals!
We need to get through somehow......

Sez

has started again!!
I know what you mean Sez, I think they have changed the recipe lately as I have noticed that my new batch , seems .... nutier! You can actaully see the nuts and it s more kinda curmbly too and tastes less cardboardy. Now I have always preferred this bar because it lasts ages you just cant gobble one of these fellas up fast and I need a coffee with it to get it down but they really fill me up. Many in mu goup hate them with a vengence , but when i mentioned I thought they were crunchier and told them about half a pack of banana made into a custard with hot water and then half a nut bar crumbled on the top(mmmmh!) they were all after them!
BTW I am definately definately an EX FAT PERSON after my telling off LOL!

Love carole

Not a real telling off!! Just to make you appreciate yourself and what you can and have done!! Dont be too mad with me!!

xx

I too have taken a recent liking to the old carpet bar. And I've definitely noticed the odd one tasting so much better than others - much crunchier and tastier!
I have not tried the fruit bar at all - does it actually have fruit in it? Or is it just a flavour thing like the lemon and the toffee? Cant believe that after 14 weeks I'm asking a question about the packs!!
:D

I had one yesterday and I thought it was much crunchier- also noticed a couple of sweeter bits in it? Not through the whole bar, but a bit like getting a little bit of salt when you eat a digestive. I love them cos it takes a litre of water to get them down and I feel full for ages- after toffee or lemon I usually feel hungry!

katie_oxo

Silver Member
I love the nut bar and have about 3 a week but I have them toasted with a dot of salt on - gorgeous.

Tiger - I've not had a fruit bar for about 6 weeks, didn't like them as they smelt a bit sour milky/yoghurty --- from what I remember they didn't have any fruit in them.

Cath

I haven't tried one bar in 16 weeks since I started! I was afraid that it might affect my weight loss but now I am curious!

Now that I am close to my target weight, I might try the Nut Crunch!!

Yeah not a sniff of fruit been anywhere near the fruit bar , dont know why its called that really. They make me , hungry too! Just cant trust myself with them only the nut bar lives for more than a day in my cupboard. I usually treat myself to a toffe bar and nibble it on the way home from W I. I try to make last the whole 14 mile journey but never get past half way. (I know its probally illegal to nibble and drive but I am very carefull honest and only do it at red lights etc!)

Hi I like the nut bars to I have them at work while all the others have there fry ups:eat: They last a long time because they take some chewing and glugging of water to swallow them I only 1 bar a day and that's only when I'm work don't have them on my days off

Sez

has started again!!
I'm wondering if I shouldnt have one every day then, after all your comments? I would really miss my daily chew, tho, I seem to have forgotten what my teeth are for!

Mind you, I havent noticed any major loss issues. There has been one week with a poor loss because of constipation and another because of my binge but thats all....

Do they actually affect loss then? Might I be size 12 by now if I didnt have them???!!! LOL

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
Hi Sez, I have a bar every day for lunch, It used to be the lemon & toffee bars, but now I have a nut crunch.
On my very first day at class, we tried the nut crunch & it was disgusting, just like cardboard.
Now I love it, it is absolutely dreamy with the banana custard, so maybe the consistency has changed.
If I have a lemon bar I usually make it into the biscuits, because you feel like your getting more.
I have had bars from week 2 & I don't think it has affected my weight loss, I'm always the biggest loser in the class every week.

I couldn't possibly imagine doing lighter life without my daily fix of a bar. I agree the nut crunch is the most filling but toffee bars made into biscuits are just divine. I really don't think they affect weight loss either because I've had good losses and not so good losses all the while eating them.

katie_oxo

Silver Member
I've never tried the toffee made into biscuits - have to give that a go this week.

Cath

Cath, all the biscuits are lovely and they are espcially nice if you mix up some of your fav shake into a thick mousse like consistancy and coat the biscuits with some. Have really got into thick choc/bananna at the mo which I am slightly worried about.

Pixie, you may be right, they do have a burnt lood about them on one side. But I love them cooked in the microwave so they do get crunchier
xx