A pound of Fat is the same as.........

charly007

Now i dont know about you all and Im not sure a similiar thread appears about this already but cant seem to find it.

When i hear that i have lost half a pound or a pound, it sounds so little at the time, however when someone at slimming world says '' you should be happy, thats the same as 6 sausages of fat? Or a bag of sugar'' then it makes you feel better about your loss. Puts things in to prospective rather than just a number!

So this forum is a boost and a reminder just how much a pound of fat is the same as........ love to hear what you all have been told and what gives you that extra boost!

Have a look in the off topic section, do a little search for a thread called "weight loss equivalents" :) I'd post the link but I'm on my phone.

So good to know that and it gives you a good boost :D

Now i dont know about you all and Im not sure a similiar thread appears about this already but cant seem to find it.

When i hear that i have lost half a pound or a pound, it sounds so little at the time, however when someone at slimming world says '' you should be happy, thats the same as 6 sausages of fat? Or a bag of sugar'' then it makes you feel better about your loss. Puts things in to prospective rather than just a number!

So this forum is a boost and a reminder just how much a pound of fat is the same as........ love to hear what you all have been told and what gives you that extra boost!

Well I have lost 53 pounds! I also run a laundry business and my dear hubby suggested I fill a bag with the equivalent weight in washing and run up and downstairs with it! x

Well I have lost 53 pounds! I also run a laundry business and my dear hubby suggested I fill a bag with the equivalent weight in washing and run up and downstairs with it! x

Well done on such a amazing weight loss, i reckon thats a brillant idea but how you gonna weigh a laudry bag that heavy on small scales ha ha

I know it sounds strange but i've stopped weighing myself due to the medication i take slows the losses and i also exercise so I had alot of sts's at one point so now i just go by inch loss and it works for me!

I remember watching the biggest loser the American one and in one of the final weeks they made the contestants complete an assault course carrying the equivalent weight lost during the show in a backpack.

None of the could carry the backpack and had to drag it around the course!! That was the first time I pictured the amount off weight I had lost and it's quite scary!

I remember watching the biggest loser the American one and in one of the final weeks they made the contestants complete an assault course carrying the equivalent weight lost during the show in a backpack.

None of the could carry the backpack and had to drag it around the course!! That was the first time I pictured the amount off weight I had lost and it's quite scary!

I find too that the thinner you become the more you want to exercise because you feel lighter and free and less slugish, being over weight can affect you in so many different ways from your stress levels to sleep habits its amazing how it all changes when you start to lose a few pounds ;)

I am tempted to weigh my bag of washing and do it. Obviously because we dont lose it all at once we probably cant remember what we felt like - I bet its scary really.

green shoes said:
I find too that the thinner you become the more you want to exercise because you feel lighter and free and less slugish, being over weight can affect you in so many different ways from your stress levels to sleep habits its amazing how it all changes when you start to lose a few pounds ;)

I did loads of walking when I first started SW but after losing 3 stone I needed to do more exercise, so I joined a gym and have lost another 2 stone!!

Now I am training for a 10k in June and I am hoping that will help me with my final stubborn stone lol

Back