Total Solution A prisoner no more.

Have2Shrink

Hi guys.

I'll be starting my journey tomorrow. I've tried these types of diets many times before but this time, I know I'll succeed. I think keeping a diary might help me so I'll be writing here whenever I feel like I might cheat and I'll also be posting my weigh-ins.

A little bit about my situation - I'm 23 (24 next month) and i'm sick of being fat. It has made me quite depressed and I just have enough. I'm currently around the 18.7 stone mark but I will know for sure tomorrow when I weigh in.

I know this will be a real challenge as I am addicted to food. I know I am addicted because i'm sitting here eating a bag of hunky dorys.....I know they're bad for me and that they are the reason why i'm fat, yet I keep eating *munch* *munch*. It's a vicious circle that I am dying to break out of.

My parents will be having a big party for their wedding anniversary in October so I am hoping that I will have a lot of weight off by then How much do you guys think I could realistically lose by then?

I also have PCOS so I hope losing the weight will help me in that department.

So, wish me luck. I hope you guys enjoy my diary. I have been reading all of the other diaries and I feel so inspired. You are all amazing.

xoxo

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :D

Very best wishes for your journey

.......use the support here, it is invaluable :)

The first few days are the hardest, then it gets so much easier

....in terms of weight loss, the average amount is about 14 lbs a month - though every person is an individual so may lose more or slightly less than that

I have lost 37 lbs since 4th January - but I am a lot older than 24 :rolleyes:

......and my height ( or lack of it ) makes weight loss even more tricky o_O

Welcome to our happy little family :D

Hello again :)

Wow Darcy, 37 lbs since January, that's amazing. I hope I can lose that amount of weight in the same space of time. I'm conscious that Summer is fast approaching so I really want to start getting the pounds off now. I know I won't be anywhere near my goal weight of 140 lbs this summer but I'll be looking a lot better at least.

I'm actually not starting until today now. I had a few things come up in the last few days but my schedule is free now.

I weighed in a few minutes ago and I weigh 18 st 5 lbs or 257 lbs. I'm hoping to be in the 17s when I have my weigh-in next Monday. To be in the 17s would make me so happy because I haven't seen that number in forever :D I'm really hopeful and I'll post tonight to let you all know how I got on.

Another thing before I go, I can't seem to be able to change my signature at the moment. Does anybody else have this problem???

I have a class today from 10 a.m - 4 p.m so I hope my stomach won't be making too much noise :D:D:confused: I'll bring two bars with me just incase. I'll have a bar just before class and another at lunch time and then I'll have a shake around 6 p.m. I'm determined to drink 3 litres of water today as well. :innocent0001:

That's all for now, I'll check back tonight ;)

xx

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. Good luck for your first day :)

Good luck!

Food addiction is a tricky one. It's not like alcohol addition where you stop drinking entirely to give up. We still have to eat, but just in more moderation - very hard! I think that's why I like this diet though - there's very little room to cheat. 1 day, 3 packs, that's it. I'm also considering seeing someone to help me change my mental thought processes around food, but for the time being the diet is great at getting me eating less and weighing less. Here's hoping that it works for you too!

Welcome, your find loads of support on here & your very determined to shift this weight & you will, I started my journey on 3rd January & this time I'm not going to put it all back on (have previously done vlcd twice lost the weight & put it all back on !!!), something's clicked this time & my addiction to food has been addressed (its all about carbs for me & my addiction to them), I've lost 43lbs in 10 weeks & have 13lbs until I reach my goal, so your target will definitely be achievable by October. Wishing you all the very best on your weight loss journey :)

Hi guys.

I said I would update you so here is what happened. About an hour after I posted, I got a txt from a friend of mine saying she was getting married so there was a big celebratory lunch for her earlier and I had to go. That is out of the way now so tomorrow is the start date. lol Everytime I start, something happens grrrrrr. I had a bar eaten as well. It's ok though, she's one of my best friends and it will just give me more motivation now.

Tomorrow it is.

Thank you all for your kind messages. I already know that this diary and your support will play a big part in my weight-loss journey and I can't wait to begin.

Bronte....amazing loss in 10 weeks...I hope I have a similar loss. :0clapper:

Womble35, i've also considered seeing someone about my eating habits but I hope this diet will sort me out.

That's all for now. I will check in tomorrow evening to let you all know how it went.

Xx

Hope you're having a good day :)

Hi, welcome! Hope today is going well? X

Back