Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A question about the soup

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by caz789, 4 September 2008 Social URL.

1. caz789

caz789 Full Member

Hi,

I'm only on day 2 of LL so a newbie!! I have a question about the soups for you experienced lot!

Do the soups mix easily? I ask because I put mine in the blender yesterday to make sure that the powder mixed well but it left me with a froth! Now whilst this is lovely with the shakes it is not so good with the soups!! So can I just mix it in a bowl or will I be left with lumps of powder?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

The froth can happen!

I used to use a kenwood hot drinks maker as it had a tap at the bottom so you could pour out the drunk and leave the froth in the maker.

Mike

4. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Caz,
    I have only ever used my braun hand blender for soups as the first chicken i had was really powdery and revolting :p. I try to scoop off the froth - you could also get some muslin or something and drain it if it is really offputting...? I just try to eat around it with a spoon and it's usually dissolved by the time I get to the bottom! :)
    A x

5. Guy

Guy Likes to lurk

I use a hand blender and don't get any froth. However I just stir with a spoon (for quite some time) in the office and I get froth. I find if you let it sit for a few minutes and keep stirring every now and then, the froth goes.

6. caz789

caz789 Full Member

Thanks for your replies. I can cope with it, I just thought if I could mix without froth it would be better!

Really enjoying your blog Guy!!

7. Guy

Guy Likes to lurk

Thanks caz. It's a bit random at times. Think I need to stop going on, and on and on lol.

8. caz789

caz789 Full Member

No - it's brill honest!! I look forward each day to your updates!

9. RaeB

RaeB Full Member

Diet:
    S&S
    Are we allowed to additional seasoning to the soup? I tried the chicken which seemed very bland and has put me off the mushroom and vegetable a bit. A bit of salt and pepper might improve it no end.

10. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I use my stick blender and pulse it - it makes some froth, but I stir it gently for a moment or two and the froth breaks down and goes away - hope htat helps :)

11. caz789

caz789 Full Member

Thanks BL - i've just looked at your photos and you look fab! You must be soooooooo happy.

Rae - i know you can add tobasco but not sure about anything else - sorry.

12. Guy

Guy Likes to lurk

I'd never had Tabasco in my life before LL. Now I can't have my soups without it. Love the stuff!

13. Lumpy

Lumpy One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Tabasco in soups is soooooooooo yummy!

Oh, am I weird, I LOVE the froth! :confused:

14. Wytchy

Wytchy Have a Little Patience x

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ok dozy bird question alert - does the tabasco 'alter' the taste of the soup or does it just 'heat it up' spicy wise? Enquiring minds need to know!!

15. Lumpy

Lumpy One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Bit of both.......

It's like adding black pepper, but tastes better! I love it in my soups, when I dont have it I miss it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.