A question on successful weight loss (at goal) accomplished by VLCDs...

RedRevolver

I hope that this topic is acceptable in this forum?

Anyway, typically how many people find they have quite loose skin after a VLCD, particularly if you've lost 5+ stone?

Thanks.

I would also welcome any info on this, i have 8 stone to loose and thats a hell of alot for my body to loose. Im sure everyone is different but it is a concern for me, some people will consider it the less evil wich i can also understand.

I originally planned to go to 10st or even lower till I had lost all my fat, but I noticed at 11st that my yummy and thighs are looser when I rub them so I believe if I loose any more it will become saggy rather than flat. I've decided to stick where I am for this reason as i think it is better to have a little puppy fat rather than being completely slim with loose skin. I think Josie Gibson has had this problem as her tummy now looks like it has loose skin on it and she has gone to 10st, so I think you can overdo dieting tbh and just have to accept yourself at some point, you will know when you get to that point though.

I am also interested in how much loose skin you have when you lose a lot of weight ,I have 5stone to lose.

I know nothing about this but just wandered if you should do very low calorie diets or just eat as slimming world suggests and use up the rest of the calorie with excerise thus builing muscle

Hi, I have lost six stone since last October and half of that was on a VLCD, the rest was on Slimming World. I am 65 with very dry skin. My skin doesn't spring back at all these days, so I do have loose, wrinkly skin on my tummy, arms and thighs. My daughter, who is much younger and has much oilier skin than me, has lost a similar amount of weight but only has a little wrinkly skin on her tummy, the rest of her is fine. My feeling is that it is all down to the individual's age and skin type, although most people are agreed that a slower weight-loss is better. However, the wrinkles are the least of my worries, as before dieting I needed a mobility scooter to get around and now I can run! So I wouldn't let the thought of a bit of loose skin put you off losing. You will feel so much fitter and healthier for it and with some careful dressing and dedicated moisturising, your skin won't be a problem at all. I just think of it now as the price I have to pay. Good luck with your weight-loss :D

Back