A quick question about freezing & cooking packs

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by 30FlirtyGirl, 11 June 2008 Social URL.

1. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Slimming World
    Hi all,

Just a quick question, does freezing the shakes (i.e making them into ice cream etc) destroy the nutrients, the same as cooking them does (i.e making a muffin etc.) :confused:

I know that we should only cook 1 pack a day but was wondering whether freezing packs had the same rules?

All advise appreciated. Cheers Guys

Nicky x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

CD wont say it doesnt destroy nutrients because they havent researched it, but to be honest to my knowledge freezing might reduce the nutrients but wont destroy them. I dont cook and only freeze one every now and then as a treat, although I had alot of treats the last couple of weeks with the warmer weather LOL
  4. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Dont know the answer to the question lol, but, you can make "ice cream" (after a fashion ;)) with your pack, a little water & some ice cubes, in a smoothie maker. I will say however my attempt at doing so produced a rather dodgy end result lol
  5. Ceri

Ceri Full Member

cambridge diet
    I always use ice to make my packs - blend them into a thick shake, it is the only way I can stomach them as a liquid. I don't think that it does too much damage as I survived on them for 10 weeks last year with no ill effects.
  6. emmaleighjohnson

emmaleighjohnson Pink and Fluffy Poster

Cambridge Diet
    Freezing shouldn't be that bad, if Mr. Birdseye isn't a naughty fibber!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.