Extra Easy A quick question about super free food in free meals

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
Hi,
I'm restarting on Monday! Joined twice before, once didn't get the diet AT ALL and second time found it all to be too much cooking and thought involved.

However I find myself eating slimming world friendly 70% of the time lately and I'm thinking all the free pots, noodles etc will be ideal for my heavy gym habit (which btw is not losing me any lbs despite being a 6-7 hour a week habit!).

One thing I'm wondering about and can't find an answer on any of my books (I can't get on lifelineonline yet as I don't sign up until monday);

When I make a meal which contains lots of super free foods in the ingrediants, do I still have to fill one third of my plate of free food with super free food?

For example..... when I make a chilli up with a 500g pack of extra lean beef mince, I use a few free foods such as tinned toms, kidney beans, sweetcorn however I also use ALOT of superfree food such as onions + peppers sometimes green beans....

When I say a lot I mean one pepper of each colour for example.

So when I'm plating up do I fill two thirds with the chilli and one third of the rice/cous cous whatever

OR

Do I have to fill one third with some veggies or salad?

I know with fruit once it's cooked it's no longer free - which is annoying in recipes like sweet and sour chicken because the pineapple has syns??

Anyway hope someone can help :confused::)

No you dont unless of course you want to - the ingredients would count towards your superfree and btw the chopped tomatoes are superfree as well :)

i agree. I think the really successful followers of slimming world plan are the ones who manage to integrate the 1/3 superfree without even thinking about it, just like you are doing.

Don't put the pineapple in till last then serve it In fanta chicken that's what I do and it's not cooked so its still free x

Yes count the superfree in the meal as part of your 1/3 :D

I just made a hash brown as a snack which had 1 potato, 1 onion and 1 carrot cooked in it, so 2/3's superfree but it didn't feel like it since it was just 1 whole hash brown, felt naughty lol

Back