Red Days A serial EE user in need of a change

JemmaBe said:
None of those beans or lentils are free on red, only green.

You have 2 options - you either use the meat in the spag bol as a HEb (85g raw extra lean mince for a B) or you make it vegetarian. I suggest the second, as weighing 85g raw meat when you are cooking for a family in a meal which is bulked out is too much guesswork.

Hey Jemma

I have made a veggie one and traditional one one to cover all basis. So if I go for the veggie I can have my super speed soup for dinner (going to have to stick with either green/EE days as made a MASSIVE batch yesterday lol) then is the pasta free on green day? And then I still got 1/2 HEA and 2 HEB to use? X

Hi ya

I've only ever done EE and find Original and green really tricky too. Have just done a couple of red days and a green day and really enjoying the extra HEXs. I think I prefer red though.

It's taking some getting used to as some of my staples like sweetcorn, peas or mixed bean salad aren't free and I keep not realising until I've eaten them and do my diary at the end of the day lol

Hey thanks for your reply mrs h I am still a bit confused now even after everybody's suggestions eek. Ok so I am thinking is this ok so far for a green day:

Breakfast
28g porridge 1st HEB
Muller light yogurt FF (magic porridge)
Chopped strawberries and grapes SFF

Dinner
Super speed soup SFF
2 pieces of wholemeal bread 2nd HEB

Tea
Veggie spag Bol SFF
Dried spag FF??
28g cheddar HEA

Snacks
Apple SFF
Orange SFF

5 syns to have today as well. Does this seem right??

Key
SFF - super free food
FF - free food

Laura_carlburgess said:
Hey thanks for your reply mrs h I am still a bit confused now even after everybody's suggestions eek. Ok so I am thinking is this ok so far for a green day:

Breakfast
28g porridge 1st HEB
Muller light yogurt FF (magic porridge)
Chopped strawberries and grapes SFF

Dinner
Super speed soup SFF
2 pieces of wholemeal bread 2nd HEB

Tea
Veggie spag Bol SFF
Dried spag FF??
28g cheddar HEA

Snacks
Apple SFF
Orange SFF

5 syns to have today as well. Does this seem right??

Key
SFF - super free food
FF - free food

Looks good so far-you need more than 5 Syns tho-it's between 5 and 15 :) and you also have a second HEA available to you :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey welsh tigger.

I usually have 10 syns and two HEB and one HEA as I am a maintainers but I went a bit crazy on my holiday the other week so I am suffering the consequences haha which is why I have taken it right back. Would you not recommend that u reduce the syns as well until I get back to pre holiday target weight? Have about 4lbs to go :-( xx

Your favourite (spaghetti bolognaise, lasagna and chilli and rice etc) and I've found the best way to have these is to substitute mince with quorn mince and do green days.. Plus the freedom of 4 hexs is that you've always got one for cheese on top of your pasta/chilli :)

X

Another swapping from ee to red here, well as soon as it is shopping day so will be keeping an eye on your thread :) i'm gonna miss peas and sweetcorn, was just starting to love them too!

No need to miss anything on Red - just syn the veggies, they tend to be quite low and if you like them - have them! xxx

Laura_carlburgess said:
Hey welsh tigger.

I usually have 10 syns and two HEB and one HEA as I am a maintainers but I went a bit crazy on my holiday the other week so I am suffering the consequences haha which is why I have taken it right back. Would you not recommend that u reduce the syns as well until I get back to pre holiday target weight? Have about 4lbs to go :-( xx

Ah right! Didn't Spot the bit about you being a maintainer sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Back