A Sinner has returned

tasi

Silver Member
I managed to lose 3 stones just by eating sensibly and exercising more. Well..... Its all back on:wave_cry: I stand before you, looking like the Goodyear blimp. Things went wrong when we put our house on the market... sold it... had an offer accepted on a new one.... they backed out after a few weeks so the chain broke and we had to go back on the market. As some of you know my mum (93 in January) is in a home with end stage dementia. She has wonderful carers but it is still hard to see her as she is. In 2010 our daughter (32 and autistic & epileptic died suddenly) and that was the cause of the first weight gain and the reason we are moving. Our house has now been sold again and we are in a chain of 3. So far things are going well but we are not getting our hopes up.
Christmas for hubby and me, is now a time to 'get through and out the other end' trying not to remember bygone Christmases when the house was full of laughter and music.
I'm determined not to gain more than 2lbs this Christmas, if that. When its all over I'm taking my life back. I want to be on top of things, slimmer and with a new attitude. No more slap dash tasi
I'm sure there are a few on here who remember me.. 'Oh look, Tasi the disaster is back!' and I look forward to meeting and making new friends.

Hello Tasi, all the support you need is here!

Sorry about what has happened. But onwards and upwards right? The sky's the limit, you have control. :)

Good luck, which weight are you hoping to drop to?

Sorry my son pushed my iPad on the floor. I was going to say that you have had some major stresses in your life and to get through them you deserve a medal. Best wishes for 2013

I'm going back to the drawing board. Three meals a day, don't skip breakfast, no convenience foods, low fat and sit down to eat everything and keep a diary of what I eat. Smaller plates and slower eating, savour the food. This has really helped me in the past.

Breakfast is the toughest part for me. I honestly never feel like food in the morning. Healthy breakfasts are tough to conjure up I think.

Low fat isn't the main issue, for me anyway. The main thing I have avoided are the carbs. At the start of December I tried ate a few more carbs and I didn't lose barely anything. So I have dropped them again nearly completely. Apart from the odd piece of bread.

Anyway, the only advice I can give that I know will help is, drink as much water as you can!

Breakfast is the toughest part for me. I honestly never feel like food in the morning. Healthy breakfasts are tough to conjure up I think.

Low fat isn't the main issue, for me anyway. The main thing I have avoided are the carbs. At the start of December I tried ate a few more carbs and I didn't lose barely anything. So I have dropped them again nearly completely. Apart from the odd piece of bread.

Anyway, the only advice I can give that I know will help is, drink as much water as you can!

I'm not aiming for anything further than the next pound Rev. Yep, I have trouble with breakfast too so started with a banana smoothie and then graduated to weetabix and established a good breakfast routine of 2 weetabix, 1 piece of toast with a smashed up banana on it. One of the things I noticed was that I didn't feel hungry in the evenings. I was told by a dietician that this was because I had breakfast... weird eh?

Hello Everyone and thank you for your warm welcome. I did well on here before and it looks like I will again with all your support. I'm not looking to the end result, I have so much to lose that I would get downhearted. One pound at a time is my goal.

I'm not aiming for anything further than the next pound Rev. Yep, I have trouble with breakfast too so started with a banana smoothie and then graduated to weetabix and established a good breakfast routine of 2 weetabix, 1 piece of toast with a smashed up banana on it. One of the things I noticed was that I didn't feel hungry in the evenings. I was told by a dietician that this was because I had breakfast... weird eh?

Hello Everyone and thank you for your warm welcome. I did well on here before and it looks like I will again with all your support. I'm not looking to the end result, I have so much to lose that I would get downhearted. One pound at a time is my goal.

That would explain why I always used to get seriously hungry later on in the day...

I think I may have to start drinking smoothies because I just do not like eating in the morning.

Happy Christmas to you all. We are having a very quiet one, just the two of us and the dog. I'll be starting a diary in the new year

Fantastic. Consider me subscribed :D

Same here, just relaxing with the family. Traditional Xmas day really.

Have fun!

I shall look forward to meeting up on our diaries in the new year rev. I'm not sure how to link it to my posts but I'm sure there's a tutorial someone on the help threads

You mean link it in your signature like I have?

1. Copy the URL address of your diary.
2. Click "edit signature" just under your posts.
3. Paste the address into your signature, save it, and you are done.

Look forward to 2013, it will be great.

Back