A slimming world to a atkins girl!!

Littlestar_kc

I've been in an on off relationship with slimming world for around 2 years now just can't seem to get the results without falling off the wagon lol

I really want to give Atkins ago as I don't want to be fat and thirty in may. I want to be the inner me sound corny I know. I have Been looking on here for help just don't know where to start. Has anyone got any advice or posts they would recommend. Thanks

I've been there and tried slimming world successfully 3 times now but always gain it back after falling spectacularly from the wagon. Atkins is great to break the love hate bond I have with carbs.

For induction make sure you have plenty of bacon, chicken, egg, babybel, pepperoni slices, cheese, sugar free jelly, and soya milk, if you can stand it, along with lots of salad and other induction friendly foods. I got the new Atkins- new you book as it contains some really good tips and meal ideas.

Make sure you eat your recommended amount of 20g carbs a day, mainly with salads and veggies to keep your gut happy and regular as you don't want anything to hinder the massive weight loss that will come from the two weeks of induction. This forum has been brilliant for other help and tips, I'd recommend this more than anything, as I'm the only one out my group doing Atkins, no one else seems to understand it and it can be a bit difficult, but stick to it and it will pay off!!! The diet is so easy to mould to fit any lifestyle, and also for when you eat out.

Also drink plenty!!!!! And don't be put off by feeling a bit down or lightheaded in the first few days of induction, I was there last week and trust me, it gets so much better. I'm a week and 2 days in and I've lost 6lbs so far and already can see the difference in the mirror.
Your cravings go, so when u get hungry on this diet you know it's proper hunger, not your body craving it's next sugar rush. Unlike slimming world where I would crave naughty things all the time and give up, I haven't had any problems so far, but give it time!!!!!

hello and welcome.
there is at the top of the page a very helpful thing to read.
"so you're thinking of starting Atkins"
this will tell you lots of useful things.
hope this will help to get you started.
xx

Agree - take a look at the stickies and ideally buy an atkins book. Good luck!

Hi, I am new to this too, on my second week, previously I have done weightwatchers, rosemary Conley and slimming world, finding this easier than all of them so far. Haven't felt hungry and not tempted to nibble, for me that's a blooming miracle!!

Thanks All,

Will do some looking Over the weekend and see what I think but am already starting to see this as a real possibility for me that will actually work thanks again all for all the advice x

Good luck I slipped a little yesterday but it was my birthday lol avoiding the scales for another week but trying to stay in phase 1 for a few more weeks keep me up to date on how you're going x

Lol u have to enjoy your birthday!!

This is sooooooo much easier to do than SW....no need to worry about the falling off e wagon, the temptation just isn't there after you get though the first week.

I've already lost in a week what took me 6 mutha on SW....I was always up and downn:(

Good luck, if you read the stickies they are great :)

Hi, I am new to this too, on my second week, previously I have done weightwatchers, rosemary Conley and slimming world, finding this easier than all of them so far. Haven't felt hungry and not tempted to nibble, for me that's a blooming miracle!!

I have done all of the above in the last year too, this is my second time on Atkins the other was YEARS ago and I felt sooo guilty for eating all that fat. Not anymore. :D

Doesn't feel like a diet when you can eat cream and cheese!!

I love it so far, can eat so much and lose, but without the cravings. That's what always stalls me with every other diet I have tried. I get tempted too easily with carby treats and fall off the wagon. Atkins allows me to eat a few what I consider naughty things like cheese and cream so I can snack and feel naughty without ruining the diet.

Eating cheese wrapped in pepperoni as I type, nom nom :)

I love it so far, can eat so much and lose, but without the cravings. That's what always stalls me with every other diet I have tried. I get tempted too easily with carby treats and fall off the wagon. Atkins allows me to eat a few what I consider naughty things like cheese and cream so I can snack and feel naughty without ruining the diet.

Eating cheese wrapped in pepperoni as I type, nom nom :)

I've just had a big hunk of roast pork that I cooked this afternoon PLUS ate a load of fat too LOL!!

I wish I had bought more now, all pork cuts were half price last week in the Co-op.

I am looking for good deals on meat now. Bulk buying at Costco helps... :)

I've done sw a good few times, first time was 10 years ago back when you could eat corned beef and tinned food, and lost loads, but I can't get on with the new extra easy, the scales just keep going the wrong way. I love Atkins, and unlike when I'm on sw I don't obsess about food all day . I have a fridge full of yummy food I can nibble if I do get hungry, but I've found having stuff prepared ready to help, I always cook up a load of streaky bacon, boil eggs etc....unfortunately everyone else in the house eats them too lol. I've got a load of frozen fish, salmon, bacon etc from farmfoods they always do great deals and also the cheaper cuts from the supermarket....had the biggest joint of beef a few weeks ago,and by the end of the night I'd eaten the lot lol xx

I had never done original sw, just extra easy and did find it worked, lost over 2 stone but put it all back on. I found it hard to limit my carby foods and kept overeating.

I like the freedom that comes with Atkins, theres lots of foods I can eat and clear rules of what I should avoid. Avoids me straying as if I have a bit of cake/crisps/pizza I find it hard to stop!!

Hi all, I'm still trying to get my head around Atkins , I'm starting to get it now still finding my foods a little limited and the no milk with tea is a problem as I never realised how much it was part of my daily routine.

On the plus side 2nd week on induction now and already feel slimmer ... I've lost 3lb that more than my first weigh in at SW yay very pleased. I did fall a little of the wagon at the weekend so can't wait to see the result at the end of this week.

Back