A stone to lose in two weeks but which VLCD to use?

nellienoonoo

Hi, I have a stone to lose before my holiday and am considering a VLCD but have never used them before and do not know which one to use. Any advice, help would be greatly appreciated.

Out of interest, how much is your start weight/BMI? If it's not particularly high, I wouldn't use a VLCD, since their general purpose is to help people with a large amount of weight to lose. A stone in two weeks is not a healthy amount of weight to lose if you are not particularly big to begin with.

Embarking on a healthier lifestyle incorporating healthier eating and exercise will be much better for you in the long term. And you could still lose a good few lbs before your holiday if you started now. :)

faery_lights said:
Out of interest, how much is your start weight/BMI? If it's not particularly high, I wouldn't use a VLCD, since their general purpose is to help people with a large amount of weight to lose. A stone in two weeks is not a healthy amount of weight to lose if you are not particularly big to begin with.

Embarking on a healthier lifestyle incorporating healthier eating and exercise will be much better for you in the long term. And you could still lose a good few lbs before your holiday if you started now. :)

Agreed - a stone in two weeks may be achievable, but wouldn't be a true weight loss, mainly water, and would just go straight back on again on your holiday. xx

I agree with the above posts. It sounds really dangerous and you will put it all back on as there is NO quick fix in the long term. Better to do it properly and aim to be the gorgeous beach babe that you can be for your next holiday.

Thank you for your honest answers, umm maybe I should not drink for a couple of weeks as that makes a huge difference to me.

Here are my BMI details:- Height: 5 feet, 7 inches
Weight: 163 pounds

Your BMI is 25.5, indicating your weight is in the Overweight category for adults of your height.For your height, a normal weight range would be from 118 to 159 pounds.

You are barely overweight so wouldn't recommend potentially messing up your metabolism with any extreme diet. I agree cutting the drink can make a huge difference - go for it:)

Back