A tentative hello

Shayxo

hi all :)

I'm 23, and started slimming world three weeks ago. I'm embarrassed to say I weighed in at 20st 3.5lb. I'm now 19st 12lb, bad weigh in on Mondays. I'm struggling if I'm honest, so I would love to have some support through this site.

Thanks for having me :)

Hi Shayxo, my you are doing well so far, I expect things are a bit anticlimactic at the moment, I'm sure you will soon get into your stride again. I'm quite old so I won't try to advise you but I do wish you luck for tomorrows weigh in.

Thank you so much Everhopeful. Yeah, it's my own fault for being half hearted about it, but I guess it's something :)

I don't think it's your fault, I think we all get excited over a new interest, we start at a run then it gets to be a jog & we have to wait until we get our second breath .... that's the hard bit but I'm sure you will, then you'll be off at a gallop....... I'm at the limping along bit!! ;)

Hi Shayxo from another new member. Don't be too hard on yourself :) Seems to me like you've taken a positive step in joining Slimming World and you have lost weight so you're going in the right direction. Good luck :)

I wouldn't say I put it better (but thank you Everhopeful :)), I thought your comment about being excited about a new interest and going from a run to a jog was very true. It's hard getting to grips with a new diet and it takes time to adjust to new eating habits and making the diet fit in with your lifestyle. We all want to see results quickly but weight creeps on slowly and unfortunately (after the initial few weeks) tends to come off slowly too lol
:)

Back