• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A TOTM question, if easily embarrassed, look away now

Sarah_V

Silver Member
S: 21st11lb G: 11st0lb
Hi girls,

Need some advice, i have very regular periods but the last couple of days have been 'spotting' i finished my TOTM a week ago and this is unheard of for me, been SS for 7 weeks with an AAM week on week 4. Otherwise i have been feeling great!!!
Anyone else had period problems on VLCD??

Any advice gratefully recieved,

Sarah x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
People regularly experience breakthrough bleeding on CD - if it gets heavy or goes on for a long time - more than say a week, then go and see your GP just to check all is ok.
It is normal - I have ladies who have the coil who have not had periods in 3 years and they have a breakthrough.
It does settle down :)

Sarah_V

Silver Member
You are an angel!! Thank you so much for that spooky, it has really put my mind at rest....

Sarah x

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Wow Anisah and soontobelittlegem, that is depressing, not sure if i could handle that :(

Is the answer to add a meal or take the caloiros higher, will be gutted as I'm doing really well at the mo... ho hum :(

Thanks for your input, it's good to know we're not alone.

Sarah xx

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
S: 21st4lb C: 16st8lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 37.4 Loss: 4st10lb(22.15%)
Sarah it might not happen to you hun! Mine were really screwy anyway so it's not that different for me! Hoping that when I get slim they will even out a bit! x

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Just found this on a web site....

Does the ‘Sole Source’ programme affect the menstrual cycle?

Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight – particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Not sure how I feel about the above, but at least it won't be permanent..

Sarah xx

S: 15st3lb C: 12st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31 Loss: 2st10lb(17.84%)
Although I had 2 in August:confused::rolleyes:, 15 weeks down the line they definitely have settled down. Much better than when I was heavier.

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
i only finished mine 2 weeks ago and they appear to be coming again! doh! thank heavens it doesn't affect my losses like some people's do! x

Sarah_V

Silver Member
That's good francesmag, but not so good for you soontobelittlegem :(

I've never had any period problems even at my heaviest so it all feels a bit alien to me, feel better chatting about it tho.

Thanks girls xxxx

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
your welcome :)

i found that as i got past about 18st mine went mental. also i went on the pill for a couple of months and that stopped them. it then took months for me to have one. then they went crazy!!! gah!!! men are so lucky!!! x

Sarah_V

Silver Member
How true! Men have no idea lol

well at least i know what's going on... roll on menopause... lmao ;)

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Oh no, that would be a nightmare for me, apart from the fact my OH has had the snip lol

Angela1

Silver Member
S: 14st0lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 34.2 Loss: 0st3lb(1.53%)
I had 4 proper ones in 5.5 weeks then settled down in regularity but heavier and far worse than normal.