A Welcome to 2013

IreneH

Gold Member
As this is the first day of our new year are you thinking of making this YOUR year?

We all want to do something about our weight and the beginning of a year is a good time to start.

Please start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself. Also if you have any questions either about the site or a diet we will try to answer them.

Also suggest you start a diary thread in the section of your diet so others can support you as we all need lots of support and encouragement.

Good luck.

Please read this as it may help you

http://www.minimins.com/introduction...-minimins.html (New Members Guided Tour Of MiniMins!!!)

Irene xx

Hi all, re-joining SW again tonight, I used this site a lot but have not been on for a while, so I am looking forward to being part of the group again and look forward to the invaluable advice and insight.

Hello everyone, I will be rejoining ww next wednesday. Havent been to ww recently, my last diet stop was to sw. Hoping this is the year I will manage to get to target...just the 4 stone to lose!! I have even reactivated my gym membership so I have no excuses this year,just positive thoughts..
Looking forward to reading some great tips and ideas.
Sliksmrsx

Hello... I'm in such a positive place, that I have decided to join and share my feelings...

i am currently using the Paul McKenna hypnotic gastric band, it's been 4 weeks, and I've lost over 30lb, and my whole attitude to food has changed...which has never occurred in the 20 years I have been dieting.

i love reading success stories, and I hope that maybe this time next year, I too will be writing my story of success to share with you all..

x

Hi all! I joined sw 4 weeks ago desperate to loose weight so I can have a fun filled long life with by beautiful girls (age 3 and 7months). So far I have lost 1 stone! So happy! Can't believe I haven't tried sw before! (always bern a ww before!) Long way to go (3st 10lbs -initial target by end of august) after that we'll see!

Hi everyone. I will be starting SW tomorrow and I cant wait!! After all the brilliant feedback I've heard, im excited to get on the wagon and start shifting those pesky pounds! After kidding myself for this long, im glad something has caught my attention so much for me to get involved. I'll keep you posted!

Hi just joined this site. Joined SW last August and schieved my 3 stone award yday, 3 more stone to lose. Good luck eveyone it works if you want it to. I've triedthem all x

Hi i join this site today and been doin sw since january lost 1and a half stone so far and feeling great.
good luck to everyone on there weight lose journey xx

Hi I joined this site today for support inspiration and good ideas! I started slimming world yesterday (have done it before but never stuck to it :s) any ideas or advise would be much appreciated

Hi I restarted slimming world 2 weeks ago and have lost 6lbs still a long way to go tho? I'm looking for some recipes and ideas cos I don't want to eat the same all the time. I especially need lunchbox ideas for work ????

Hi Mummytothree and shar*31! I'm new to this forum but have been doing slimming world since July last year. I've lost 3 stone so far, which is 1/2 what I want to lose in total (I think! It's been so long since I was under 13 stone, nevermind under 12 stone, I'm not sure how I'll feel when I get to either of them!)

Anyway, I've tried lots of different diets over the years, including weight watchers, and I really think Slimming World is the best; it also feels the healthiest to me, and the one that fits in best with real life. It's taken me a long time to lose this weight, (I've lost just over 1lb/ week on average) but I think that just shows how realistic it is.

My top tips for being successful at the beginning are
1. Don't eat anything until you know the syns! Carry the book with you, download the iPhone app, whatever, just make sure you don't get caught out by hidden syns - if you're going to go over your 15 syns (and you can, every now and again), you want it to be your choice!
2. Eat your superfree. Make sure you have a really big portion of veg with every meal, and you'll feel better as well as losing weight!
3. Measure everything that's not free/ superfree; 30g of cheddar is less than you might think!

Above all, stick at it. The plan really works!

Good luck!

Oh, sorry, hadn't finished!

shar*31 - well done on losing 6lbs in 2 weeks, that's fantastic! For your lunches, if you have a microwave at work, there's a lot you can do. The easiest is to take in leftovers - there's a delicious Italian chicken and tomato soup in the EE Meals in Minutes book that I like to make a massive vat of on a Sunday and take that in to reheat for lunch. Any soup works that way, as do chilli con carne, or any other 1 pot meal. Or you could make a couscous salad (with ham, tomatoes, spring onion, cucumber, peppers, celery or any other veg you fancy, and coriander) and then just squeeze some lemon or lime over it just before you eat it. Or a chicken pasta salad is easy to take in - cooked, skinless chicken pieces with cooked pasta, spring onion, red peppers, red onion, tarragon and parsley, then dress with fat free salad dressing. Or roll up cucumber, tomato and lettuce in slices of lean ham. Or you could make tortilla to take in - boil potatoes and fry onions in fry light. Cook up peppers or butternut squash or any other veg you fancy at the same time. Then beat quark and whisk in eggs, add the cooked veg and some chives and seasoning then spray an ovenproof pan or dish with fry light and bake the mixture for 25-30 mins. It's really a case of finding what you like and adapting it. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!

Lots of luck!

Thanks for all the ideas? I happily discovered that I can fit in a skirt id bought which the zip wouldn't fasten on yeyyy gave me some extra determination going to organise my self and try to cook a few soups etc so I'm not coming home to have to prepare something when I'm hungry. Can't make it to group this week cos of work but I'm determined not to stray in the meanwhile fingers crossed

Ah, fitting into clothes again is a great feeling, well done :)

Good luck with the food preparation. It feels like a bit of a hassle at the time, but it's so worth it for how tasty it is, and how virtuous you feel, once it's done, so try to keep that in mind as you're chopping away!

Hello, I just joined this site, currently, I am not really in to weight loss, I am doing a weight maintenance, but sometimes I will consider losing some little weight. Good luck on our own weight loss and maintenance journey.

I'm a seasoned lurker and decided to get rave and start posting. I'm down the first stone with Slimming World and really enjoying it.

Hello everyone,

I am on the Cambridge diet (SS). it has not been easy but I am hanging on. I started on the 29th of April and so far I have lost 11lb. I went off the plan for two weeks and just started back three days ago.

I have restarted slimming world. Haven't been on this site for a while and was pleased that I am 1stone lighter than I was on here a year ago! I have done something right.

Doing slimming world at the moment and my first 4 days has gone well.

Its my first week back in the swing of trying to lose these extra pounds (or stone;)) and so far so good..

Need to keep my motivation high, hence joining minimins. I look forward to hearing everyones stories!

Hannah xx

Back