A year after I last started, I'm starting again

lilbit

Hi everyone :)

I've been absent for awhile after a tough year... but I'm back on Slim and Save (I'm at the start of Week 3) and although I think it's a bit tougher second time around I am feeling very determined. Last year I lost about 30lbs but managed to gain that back plus an extra 12lbs for good measure :confused:

So, right now after two full weeks (admittedly, not 100%!), I've lost that 12lbs and back to where I started. eeeek! If anyone else managed to successfully re-start and be more successful than the first time I'd love to hear!

Look forward to chatting with you all :)

welcome back and well done for re-starting. there are many of us here that are starting/in the middle of yet another weight loss journey... but this time it will be the last time... for us all! right?? xx

Re-starting a VLCD is always tougher - because the first time, the novelty of something 'new' is what carries us through the first few weeks. On the second/third time around this routine is no longer new and feels more punishing.

I'm re-starting PROPERLY this time, I lost a lot of weight back in 2008 - regained a large chunk due to various stresses and had been re-starting the VLCD for a couple of years unsuccessfully. My head wasn't in the right place.
I'm back this year - started on 1st Jan 2013 with a vengeance - I'm feeling positive and calm and confident that I will finish - which isn't something I've felt for a very, very long time.

SO success is down to you and I wish you all the strength and willpower in the world. :hug99:

I have re-started to get the last couple of stone off.... Was maintaining but struggling to shift the weight!!!

Good luck!! X

Hi everyone :)

I've been absent for awhile after a tough year... but I'm back on Slim and Save (I'm at the start of Week 3) and although I think it's a bit tougher second time around I am feeling very determined. Last year I lost about 30lbs but managed to gain that back plus an extra 12lbs for good measure :confused:

So, right now after two full weeks (admittedly, not 100%!), I've lost that 12lbs and back to where I started. eeeek! If anyone else managed to successfully re-start and be more successful than the first time I'd love to hear!

Look forward to chatting with you all :)

If you want any support let me know i alsi dud this last year and im restarting on mon x

welcome back and good luck with your second go on the S&S diet, sometimes life can get tough and get in the way of diets etc and so good on you for coming back and trying again, that in itself to me shows a real determination to make big changes, you can do it!. Em x

I've done lighter life a few years ago. Lost 5 stone. Managed to maintain for good few years and from last June I've managed to put on 3 stone! :(
Restarting feels scary but I'm ready. I've been toying with that idea for a while and I now think the right time has come.
The way I see it is we should see restarting as a blessing. We know what to expect and what to avoid. We are also (hopefully) equipped with the knowledge that we didn't have the first time round.
I know what went wrong last time and I kinda know why I put the weight back on.
Now it's just a question of investigating it further and learning a little bit more about ourselves.
Good luck to everyone!

Back