A year in the life of Lou: Day 1

Lou1973

Silver Member
It's my birthday tomorrow - I'm going to be 37 years of age and I'm greeting it with a horrendous cold, a body broken from lack of sleep and too much partying (Edinburgh fringe and V festival), almost 2 stone overweight, and lungs that are definately telling me i've smoked too much recently.

So starting today I'm determined to lose weight, get fitter and over the next month or so to give up smoking as well.

I haven't been able to exercise today because I'm pretty weak with this cold but I've eaten healthily with yoghurt and oats for b'fast, soup and pitta for lunch and soup, quorn fillet, pitta and salad for dinner.

Plan over the next few days is to get my strangth back with gentle exercise and once I'm back on form get back to the gym and hit it hard - at that point I'll set myself some exercise targets.

At some point in this my 38th year on the planet I want to do something that I've never done before and run a half marathon - considering I don't run for a bus at the moment it'll be quite an achievement!!

So this will be my year long diary from my 37th birthday to my 38th birthday - lets see what I can achieve in a year

Lou
x

Back