Aaaghhhhhhhh - Done it again

Irene

Silver Member
Morning Everyone
A cold and bright day here today.:)
Not a good weekend for me - we had our Indian Meal on Saturday instead of Friday was very good made the main course from the SW 'curry' magazine and just bought the nibbles, had naan bread and poppodums and triramisu to finish (always like something sweet after an Indian meal). My plans were to get back on track on Sunday which I managed until the evening and then went 'daft' why do I do it?:sigh: I really thought I had got the 'weekends' sorted obviously not so now have got less than 2 days to 'rein myself in'
Weigh in tomorrow night - and I was hoping a small loss as I was 1lb over target last week and don't want to start paying again.:eek:
Have planned my menus for today and tomorrow so I must be good and get some 'self control' back.
Have a good week everyone.
Irene

Morning Everyone
A cold and bright day here today.:)
Not a good weekend for me - we had our Indian Meal on Saturday instead of Friday was very good made the main course from the SW 'curry' magazine and just bought the nibbles, had naan bread and poppodums and triramisu to finish (always like something sweet after an Indian meal). My plans were to get back on track on Sunday which I managed until the evening and then went 'daft' why do I do it?:sigh: I really thought I had got the 'weekends' sorted obviously not so now have got less than 2 days to 'rein myself in'
Weigh in tomorrow night - and I was hoping a small loss as I was 1lb over target last week and don't want to start paying again.:eek:
Have planned my menus for today and tomorrow so I must be good and get some 'self control' back.
Have a good week everyone.
Irene

I used to struggle so much with weekends. What I tend to do now is start off Sat morning with a lovely SW fry up. Loads of bacon, some Bowyers sausages, mushrooms, eggs. Yum.

Then for lunch I have something like a chicken and bacon salad. I buy one of those already cooked chickens from the Tesco counter and have that with bacon and salad and a HEXB of jacket potato. If I am out then I look for somewhere like Weatherspones and go for the BBQ chicken melt or jacket spud with tuna.

For sat night I make some homemade burgers. The kids love these too. (Let me know if you want the recipe). I have these with pot wedges.

If you want something to pick at whilst watching telly, you can try some garlic mushrooms, or some little chicken drops (let me know if you want the recipe).

For Sunday:-

Again I start the day with a fry up or bacon sandwich.

Then I make roast chicken. I have loads of chicken, veg, a stuffing ball, and instead of roast pots I have jacket wedges.

For tea later I will probably have something like chicken mayo on a jacket spud (depending if I have had a bacon sandwich or not!)

I find that red days are easier at the weekends. Hope this helps! And don't worry about yesterday. It's done now. The only real advice I can give is try to plan the weekends (meal wise) as much as you can. Forwarned is Forearmed (so they say :p)

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I managed to get my weekends 'sorted' after about 6 months on SW, but lately they have 'gone to pot'
I am a vegetarian but would like your 'burger recipe - I can substitute meat for vegemince.
I used to have a 'cooked' brekkie on a Saturday so that is something I will return to having.
How do you do you garlic mushrooms as these would be great for 'snacking on' as I tend to prefer savoury nibbles to sweet things.
We are again having roasts on a Sunday and for our supper I used to make Danish Sandwiches - 2 slices of w/m with loads of salad, egg and either cheese or vegemeats.
Thanks for your ideas - it really helps everyone.
Irene

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I managed to get my weekends 'sorted' after about 6 months on SW, but lately they have 'gone to pot'
I am a vegetarian but would like your 'burger recipe - I can substitute meat for vegemince.
I used to have a 'cooked' brekkie on a Saturday so that is something I will return to having.
How do you do you garlic mushrooms as these would be great for 'snacking on' as I tend to prefer savoury nibbles to sweet things.
We are again having roasts on a Sunday and for our supper I used to make Danish Sandwiches - 2 slices of w/m with loads of salad, egg and either cheese or vegemeats.
Thanks for your ideas - it really helps everyone.
Irene

No worries, glad I can help.

I make the burgers with spring onions and some BBQ seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Put all the ingredients into a blender. Combine. The shape into burgers and cook.

I make my garlic mushrooms but cutting the mushrooms into quaters, then liberally spray a wok of frying pan with lots of butter frylight. Add the mushrooms with some garlic salt. Then cook for a few mins. Then spray them with more frylight. Then add some garlic powder. And continue to cook until they are at the stage that you like them. I like mine crispyish!!

Back