AAM Nightmare

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by FunellaFox, 20 March 2008 Social URL.

1. FunellaFox

FunellaFox Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    reductil
    Have been on AAM this week and have WI tonight but am totally dreading it! I have found this week a real struggle knowing I can have 200 cals :( cos i just end up picking at things - nothing too bad - like a weetabix or a few grapes - but still daft things just cos I know I 'm allowed to eat.

Has anyone else done this?

I'm looking forward to going back to SS knowing I can't eat anything!! Just can't be trusted with food :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi.. I'm only on my 2nd week so haven't done AAM yet, but that is exactly what I am scared of! I am finding SS (quite) easy because I know food isn't an option but knowing that I am allowed a little bit of food I'm scared a might just go mad and start ha ving a little of what I fancy!!

Good luck with it and stay strong and think of future skinniness :)

4. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi did you not follow what is in your pink book on the foods and amounts your allowed on aam. You are still very limited on what you can have. SS is fab for control i totally agree but the aam weeks are very important although you can now do SS+ for 12 weeks without food.

5. FunellaFox

FunellaFox Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    reductil
    Well thats the thing my CDC recommended i do AAM instead of SS+ cos i started SSing before SS+ was introduced. and to add to that I was starting to pick in the evenings so thought AAM would be ok, but its not really and I'm really afraid of gaining this week :(
    Looking forward to just SSing agin from tomorrow:)

6. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    i only had 2 aam's in my week 5, i couldnt trust myself to eat all the time!

i would prefer to not eat anything until i come to the end of SS.

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    But did you try to keep to the AAM that's set out in the book? I'm confused. I get the impression that you thought you could just add a meal of your choice?:confused:

So much of the AAM concerns are 'in the head' ;) If you are doing AAM because you are in Wk 5, then you've been allowed food for the two weeks previous. If you've been having bars or made any of the recipes, you've had food. Even the drinks are food, but the bars and recipes are chewable.

It really is such a tiny amount, that if you are worried, just cook it, put it on a cocktail stick and eat on the way up to bed. Or you can blend it in your soups.

It shouldn't be a problem, but you do need to approach it the right way. Nothing to be scared of.

8. FunellaFox

FunellaFox Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    reductil

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

as you were picking at food before you did aam it sounds like it is nothing to do with aam leading you astray. You were picking before and picking while on it.

Perhaps this isn't the diet for you? Perhaps you would respond better to something like weight watchers.. or do 1000 plan. Alternatively, try biting the bullet and just sticking to pure ss for a week. See the result on the scale and then do another week.

You could do it if the motivation were strong enough

good luck

10. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    To be honest I enjoyed my AAMW it was nice to introduce for a while even if it was a tiny portion. I still lost 2.5lbs on my AAMW. If it's a problem for you, you can do ss for 12 weeks .

11. Katherine-piza-jones

Katherine-piza-jones Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    poor funella fox seems to be getting a brutal slating here... look at the weight you've lost already hun !! and keep focused everyone slips up now and then. i never realised how much i nibbled till i started this, i've not looked in my fridge all week cos there's nothing in there for me.
    try to retrain your brain i also carry abottle of water every where keeps sipping, i been out with the girls tonight been in sparkly water waht a treat ha ha !! any ways came home cos they were getting too loud for me. ibiza here i come in august !!
    good luck x

12. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Awww. I don't think so. I hope funellafox hasn't read any of the replies that way:eek:

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i certainly wasn't slating her at all

14. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Nor me:confused: Tough to get your head around AAM sometimes. Good practice for maintenance though :)

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

how did weigh in go FF? I think it is good to face up to the scales (hopefully there wasn't too much increase) as otherwise we are continuing the unhelpful patterns we had before (secret eating is common in those that are overweight ... so by not facing up to an increase on the scales, we are continuing that type of secrecy).

KD is right, it is good to practice introducing food within the constraints of AAMW - we are going to have to deal with food at some point. There is no failure with it, it is about learning how to have some self control .... look at my signature, I gained 6 lbs last week so my self control hasn't been going too well.

However, I have an opinion that it is important to really do SS right in the early stages and I feel if you struggle to do that then other options could perhaps be looked at. It is just my opinion and maybe that is because I was 100% ssing for 100 days and was a bit puritanical about it.

Anyway, give us some feedback on how you are doing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.