AB excercise after Csection

Catito

Hi everyone, I think I read somewhere on the forum that abdominal excersise after a csection is pointless as the muscles have been cut through. I have had two sections ( not recently) and am wondering if I will be wasting my time doing crunchies etc. They are defo not my fav excercise but would endure them if it helped. Body is in a real state and could really do with toning. Any other advice welcome. :)

Thanks

iv had a c section too and i have heard this , please let us no , dont want to do 1000 sit ups aday lol , when theres no point

I dont know scientifically, but after doing bums and tums class I felt a tightening. If I had stuck at it i am sure there would have been a big difference. I have had 2 sections as well and my tummy is like a bouncy castle.

I have resigned myself to the fact it will never be flat but I would at least like it not to look like beer belly.
Good luck

My friend has had two c-sections and was two stone overweight so she had that c-section pouch tummy.
She lost the weight and now has a flat tum...she has never done a crunch in her life...all she does is pull her stomach in and relax it 200 times (twice a day) only takes 5 minutes at a time and really works.

My friend has had two c-sections and was two stone overweight so she had that c-section pouch tummy.
She lost the weight and now has a flat tum...she has never done a crunch in her life...all she does is pull her stomach in and relax it 200 times (twice a day) only takes 5 minutes at a time and really works.

I can imagine that doing that would work pretty well.
If doing that gets rid of my pouch tummy then im up for that too.:D

I can highly recommend them too. Havent had a c section so cant comment there but the tummy pulls really do wrok i used to do about 200 twice a day ( havent been lately have let it slip lol ) but im starting to get them done again and feeling a difference

Delighted I found this thread...I've had a c-section and having another on 18th June! Never got rid of the pouch belly before so keen to get working after this one asap......wonder why they work better than cruches....any ideas??

i have had 3 c sections in 3 years and had that hangy over tummy thing but with the weight loss it has pretty much gone on its own. A bit wrinkly, but ok. I haven't EVER done any excercise.

Hello everyone - I have also had two C-sections. I am carrying 3 stone too much and have theglorious pouch :sigh:.
After a pregnancy some women can experience a separation of the muscles down the middle of their tummy and if you do a crunch you would be able to feel a dip just below your belly button. I had this after the second baby and I went to see a physiotherapist for special stomach exercises whichwere basically anything other than crunches. However, once the stomach muscles join back together then crunches are fine and there are no exercsies that you can't do after a c-section as ong as you take it easy and build up gradually.
Trouble is I think I took that a bit too literally and have hardly moved since my last birth nearly two years ago! :p It's wierd isn't it, when your stomach feels so weak and jelly like...it just doesn't respond! But with efort we have every chance of recovering as anyone else. My sister had her first c-section about ten months ago and there is not a bump or lump in site.
C'mon girls we can do it!
I don't get the time to go to the gym these days so i have bought a load of home DVD's to workout to. If anyone likes this apporach i thoroughly recommend an instructer called Karen Voight. She is American and her technique is excellent; her tummy workouts are a killer but you can take it easy to begin with. I am just starting this week so I'm hoping to be a little more toned by Christmas. :)

Back