Abbie's Slim And Save Journey

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
Hiya everyone,

How are you all? Hope this first diary entry find's you all well?

Well...a bit about me, I'm Abbie, 25, living in London and I'm mummy to my son Ethan who will be 2 next month.

I was on Lipotrim when I fell pregnant with him, so it's true, these diet's can work wonder's for fertility.

Anyway, I've had a love/hate relationship with LT over the year's and I did 6 weeks of it til Wednesday when I decided to give Slim and Save a go as I'd heard lot's of positive things about it and I was truly growing sick and tired of having 3 choc shakes a day. It got tediously boring in the end and rather than give up completely, I decided to try plan B!

So today my packs arrived.

I have opted for the 4 a day plan and I'm quite hopeful and confident that I'll be able to stick to it and once I reach goal, address my issues accordingly so that I never have to do diet's again.

Today's menu consisted of:

Banana Shake (It was yummy)
Cottage Pie (Looked a bit odd but tasted nice)
Spicy Spaghetti (Was quite tasty)
Dark Chocolate Truffa Bar (Perfect for when I want a chocolate fix)
A mug of tea with skimmed milk and sweeteners (I'm quite pleased I can have a cup of tea with milk, I was getting bored with just peppermint)

I've enjoyed all of todays choices and am looking forward to tomorrow.

Today's starting weight was 18st 3lbs. I had 2 days off prior to starting, ate things with carbs and gained 6lbs, although I know some of that will be water. I'm not going to dwell on it, the weight will be coming off again and I'll be making sure I keep it off.

Weigh in days will most likely be Fridays. Here's to the next week :D

hello hun! Welcome to s&s :) Well done for not giving up and moving to plan b! I gave up on lipotrim and put the weight back on, if only i had known about s&s!!
s&s is like a dream compared to LT, im one of the lucky ones who is still very happy at 9 weeks without any problems!
Best of luck on your journey and keep posting ;) xx

Thank you Stef. :)

It's great to hear that even 9 weeks in, you're going strong still, that's encouraging to hear.

The big dilemma for me at the moment is what shake shall I have today? Lol

Ohhhh wot have u had so far? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Todays menu so far has been:

Hazelnut Shake (It was ok, I think it need's a little something added to it to just bring out the flavour, but it was still ok none the less)
Mushroom Pasta (It wasn't horrible, but....I found it incredibly salty and I would have maybe liked to have had it with something else added...maybe Tobasco, to give it a bit of a kick?)
Tomato Chilli (Am yet to eat this, so will give my "review" on it tomorrow lol)
Lemon Yogurt and White Chocolate Bar (Again, will have later, so review on this tomorrow)
Mug of Tea with skimmed milk (I've had one so far, will have one more later with my bar)

The only thing I've found to be annoying today is that I've been stuck indoors with nothing to do, so haven't been kept busy like I normally would be so have had more time to dwell on when the next meal is etc. It'll be so much better for me when I've got things to occupy me.
Still, I'm not going to stray from the diet, I'm determined to shift this weight! :D

How is everyone doing this weekend?

Well done Hun on ur 100% day!!
Sometimes u do need to add a few spices to the meals depending on ur taste all trial and error really :)
Ohhhh I love the hazelnut lol I'm sure it'll grow on you ;) xx

Thanks Stef! What do you use for flavouring then? Any tips you can give me? hehe! :D xx

Thanks Elbsmith xxx

Well I use alldiff spices like 5 spices, Tyme etc, crushed garlic, I've seen ppl have Tabasco sauce but only a tiny bit, soya sauce light, and to season your chicken you can use Schwartz perfect shake spices but only certain ones not ones with citric acid u need to check them :) xx

Can you have veg and stuff if you're on the 4 a day plan? And can you mix and match, like one day have 3 of the packs and a meal, then the following day have 4 packs or are you bound to one meal plan? Sorry to be a pain with the questions lol! xx

Hey hun don't be daft these questions need askin :) you can have abit of veg on ur 4 packs and you can mix and match, I do it all time so I don't get bored of my proteins :) xx

Helloooo everyone,

Well today's menu has consisted of

Red Berries shake (Tasted similar to the strawberry shake on LT, but just that little bit nicer)
Some olives (Yes, I know, I'm bad but I'd bought the small pot from sainsburys for my son on Friday but he'd only had 1 from the pot and they were going to go off if left til next week and rather than waste them as no one else eats them, I ate them. Definitely won't be doing that again though)
Spag Bol (Seemed spicy like the other spaghetti but still nice none the less, wished that that portion had been a little bigger lol!)
Chilli (The normal one, but will be eating that later)
Choc Truffa Bar (I liked that so looking forward to that with my cup of tea later)

The Tomato Chilli was nice but I just felt it was missing something....rice perhaps? lol! They put spaghetti in with the spag bol so why not put a few bits of rice in with the chilli?

The Lemon Yogurt bar was absolutely delicious, I loved that big time!!

I've got my next batch of food being delivered tomorrow and I've got macaroni cheese in with it, so am looking forward to trying that!

Other than that, that's how my day has shaped up so far. Hope you're all well. I'm looking forward to getting my car hopefully sometime this week. Passed my driving test in January and haven't done much driving at all since so am itching to get out on the road!

:D xxx

Well done hun sounds like a great day :D
Ohhh a new car exciting!! what you getting? xx

Getting a ford fiesta, it's got 4 doors luckily so I'll be able to get Ethan in and out of the car easily. Eeeeeeeeeee!! Can't wait!

Ahhhh sounds great!! I bet your excited, theres so much freedom owning ur own car and being able to drive!
I dont drive, i dont want to, doesnt interest me atall lol my OH is constantly begging me to do lessons, but its not for me, maybe in the future!!

Have a great day today :) xx

It took me 5 attempts to pass my test and the longer it went on, the more determined I was to get it passed and have that pink licence. I'd stopped and started my lessons and never saw it through to the end but for some reason, something made me keep going.
I'm hoping to apply that to this diet! Rather than stopping and starting, I want to keep going until I reach goal, I know I can do it, it's just having that willpower to keep doing it.

Todays menu:

Caramel Shake - Was sooooooo yummy, I really did like that one, Banana and Caramel are definitely the front runners right now.
Macaroni - It was OK, I found it to be really runny and it just tasted a little bit powdery but it was OK, I've tasted worse.
Spicy Spaghetti
Chocolate Vanilla & Almond Bar - I've just received next weeks delivery and have put it all together with this weeks and this is a new bar for me to try. Review tomorrow.
Mug of tea x2

Thank goodness for the XBOX because that's kept me busy for today, I ordered an external hard drive for it on Friday as I only have a basic console and couldn't do much for lack of memory but today it came, so I downloaded a game that I'm addicted to, Dorito Crash Course which is something like that Wipeout show on BBC1! It's great fun. I've left 2 of my games at my boyfriends house so I've only had Guitar Hero: Aerosmith to play, I'm naff at it hahaha!

Then I've watched a few episodes of True Blood, I totally love that show.

Ooooooooooooooo, I'm insured to drive now so I'll be driving to my boyfriend's tonight in my son's nan's car, I am so so excited. I'll have my car tomorrow hopefully.

So that's today's shenanigans, how are you all today?! Hope your week has gotten off to a good start. Only thing I need to do is to up my water as I'm slacking a bit.

XxAbbiexX23 said:
It took me 5 attempts to pass my test and the longer it went on, the more determined I was to get it passed and have that pink licence. I'd stopped and started my lessons and never saw it through to the end but for some reason, something made me keep going.
I'm hoping to apply that to this diet! Rather than stopping and starting, I want to keep going until I reach goal, I know I can do it, it's just having that willpower to keep doing it.

Todays menu:

Caramel Shake - Was sooooooo yummy, I really did like that one, Banana and Caramel are definitely the front runners right now.
Macaroni - It was OK, I found it to be really runny and it just tasted a little bit powdery but it was OK, I've tasted worse.
Spicy Spaghetti
Chocolate Vanilla & Almond Bar - I've just received next weeks delivery and have put it all together with this weeks and this is a new bar for me to try. Review tomorrow.
Mug of tea x2

Thank goodness for the XBOX because that's kept me busy for today, I ordered an external hard drive for it on Friday as I only have a basic console and couldn't do much for lack of memory but today it came, so I downloaded a game that I'm addicted to, Dorito Crash Course which is something like that Wipeout show on BBC1! It's great fun. I've left 2 of my games at my boyfriends house so I've only had Guitar Hero: Aerosmith to play, I'm naff at it hahaha!

Then I've watched a few episodes of True Blood, I totally love that show.

Ooooooooooooooo, I'm insured to drive now so I'll be driving to my boyfriend's tonight in my son's nan's car, I am so so excited. I'll have my car tomorrow hopefully.

So that's today's shenanigans, how are you all today?! Hope your week has gotten off to a good start. Only thing I need to do is to up my water as I'm slacking a bit.
As I was reading that I was thinking the same thing, get that determination and willpower into s&s :)
Ahh I have an external hd for the wii, it's so good!
Is true blood like csi or am I totally off there lol I love csi new York!!
Ive struggled with water since day one and am only just getting it down me, naughty me!!
Ohhhhh hav a lovely drive to ur boyfriends and have a great evening. X

Hellooo everyone,

Well, yesterday was a complete nightmare. Picked my car up and I noticed from the off that there was a problem when driving it, I had to really rev more than usual to get the car going otherwise it bunny hopped and drove like it was going to stall, I couldn't go into 2nd gear until I was way above 20mph and I couldn't go into 3rd gear until I was at 40mph and that was not normal. It's apparently a HT lead that need's changing....not that I know what any of this is because I'm rubbish at knowing anything about car's lol. But I took it to the garage and now have to wait for it to be fixed. Le Sigh!!

Anyways, yesterday, due to all the excitment (not!) of the day, I slacked on the water big time so I need to make sure I drink plenty today.
Yesterday's menu consisted of

Choco Cereal Shake - Tasted like leftover milk and cereal you get when you eat coco pops or nesquik lol! Was nice though.
Mushroom Pasta
Tomato Chilli
Dark Chocolate and Coconut Bar - Didn't rate this one much either. The Lemon Yogurt and White Choc Bar is by far my most favourite bar yet.

Will update on todays menu later. How are you all today, hope all is going well. Happy hump day everyone lol! xx

Ahhh bad luck on the car!!! Itll soon be fixed! It's so funny how people's taste is so different, I couldn't even stomach the white choc bar!!
Good luck on tomorrow hun :) xx

Back