Abnormal bleeding (sorry tmi)

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone have been feeling a bit worried over the last couple of days. I never tend to bleed between cycles but this is my second cycle i am bleeding and its not a normal period just sometimes period like or somtimes like a period I made a appointment with my gp yesterday but missed it because hubby got in late from work. I have an appointment tomorrow and just cant help being worried. In the past i had various checkups for polycystic overy syndrome which were thankfully negative but they did mention i had a sore bit inside which would bleed if it got aggravated but that has been ok for years and I have nothing to aggravate it. Sorry for the ramble u just get worried so quick.

Safia said:
Hi everyone have been feeling a bit worried over the last couple of days. I never tend to bleed between cycles but this is my second cycle i am bleeding and its not a normal period just sometimes period like or somtimes like a period I made a appointment with my gp yesterday but missed it because hubby got in late from work. I have an appointment tomorrow and just cant help being worried. In the past i had various checkups for polycystic overy syndrome which were thankfully negative but they did mention i had a sore bit inside which would bleed if it got aggravated but that has been ok for years and I have nothing to aggravate it. Sorry for the ramble u just get worried so quick.

Are you bleeding or spotting? Is it fresh and red or brown?
Brown usually means its old and could just be remnants of your period.

If you feel you might be pregnant do a test, pregnancy can make you bleed a bit sometimes.
It could be that you're a little dry and that's causing it.
Try not to worry though it could be a lot of minor things.

Shirleen said:
Are you bleeding or spotting? Is it fresh and red or brown?
Brown usually means its old and could just be remnants of your period.

If you feel you might be pregnant do a test, pregnancy can make you bleed a bit sometimes.
It could be that you're a little dry and that's causing it.
Try not to worry though it could be a lot of minor things.

Sometimes its a bleed sometimes spotting and its mostly fresh blood but sometimes brown! My appointment is at 2:50 just counting down to it, even the prospect of weigh in tonight isnt exciting until i see the doc. Doing a pregnancy test is a good idea just to be sure but i dont think i am.

Safia said:
Sometimes its a bleed sometimes spotting and its mostly fresh blood but sometimes brown! My appointment is at 2:50 just counting down to it, even the prospect of weigh in tonight isnt exciting until i see the doc. Doing a pregnancy test is a good idea just to be sure but i dont think i am.

I have similar symptoms, but I've had a hysterectomy so a bit puzzling!!!

It could still be your body clock readjusting to having your baby, I know 9 months seems a long time but our bodies are funny things. Are you using any contraception it could be that and your body getting used to it again.

Try not to worry as im sure its something that can be sorted

No not using any contraception and my periods had started getting regular and now its all messed up so just being a little bit cautious x

Did go to the doc who told me to come back for swabs once i stop bleeding and she is referring me for a ultrasound scan so hopefully will get to the bottom of it soon.

Try not to worry you will be fine - its good you have gone to get it checked out rather than leaving it like some do

Thanks for sharing this Safia, I went through something similar when I started Weight Watchers years ago & after lots of tests they hypothesised that it must have been down to a change in diet. I ended up going off the ww wagon over it & everything went back to norma soon afterl.

I really hope it turns out well for you!

I had a similar problem a few years ago, bleeding after s4x it was a bit of skin which caught, this was cauterised & solved the problem however the smell wasn't very nice. Don't worry yourself too much about it x

Well I am still bleeding on and off so might have to cancel my doc appointment again on saturday but i have had my hospital appointment sent through for a abdominal scan and internal check for the 19th of dec. Hopefully should get a clearer pic soon of whether it is nothing or something x

Glad you have your app through Safia even though its about 3 weeks away. Hopefully you wont be too bad until then. x

Back