About the contreceptive pill?

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Hamu, 21 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Hamu

Hamu Member

Does the contraceptive pill (mini pill) estrogen pill make you gain weight and eat more? I’m only on it cause I can’t cope with having a woman’s normal cycle but I’m wondering if it’s holding me back and if I should actually go off it. Can I fight the battle of weight loss better without it? Or is it possible with it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    It only affects your weight as much as you let it hun. It will increase your appetite but if you're watching what you eat, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I had the implant put in in Nov and have still managed to lose over half a stone (Inc an Xmas gain and a LOT of faffing about!)

xx

4. Ktb87

Ktb87 Member

I think it depends on each individual. I went on the mini pill a few years ago and I struggled with my weight and made me put on. I agree mayb u should talk 2 ur doctor and ask for their advise as they'll know what's best xx

5. Hamu

Hamu Member

Thank you so much everyone. I am going to talk to my doctor.

But if I can help it I will still take it cause it's just too stressful with out it. Not taking it would probably do more damage then good.

Thanks for your support and thanks kirstabubble that makes a lot of sense I will try not to let it affect me!

6. Scottish Tinkerbella

Scottish Tinkerbella Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.74%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I have been on P.O.P. for a year and a half or so and it has increased my appetite which has made losing weight more difficult for me as I struggle with will power at the best of times as it is.

7. SkinnieMinnie

SkinnieMinnie Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(12.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I read an article once that said women only put weiht on when their on the pill because the majority of time their in a comfortable relationship where they dont feel the pressure to look good, i think this is deffently right because when i was in a relationship for 2 years i put on 2 stone! and i ws on the pill, however i lost a stoneand a half last year still being on the pill, so i think it doesnt really matter its how your feeling at the time xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.