About to start Lighter life and have a few questions!!!

Hi there!

About to start lighter life next week and have a few final questions before committing to what is gona be what i imagine to be toughish time over next few weeks....

In my second week I have my partners sisters wedding and im kinda concerned about what im going to do at meal times throughout the weekend. I dont want any of his family knowing im starting this ( dont think they would approve, plus want it to be a secret) and also afraid they wil look at me and ask why im not eating etc. Is it possible to stay in ketosis but just eat small amounts of the protein on the plate and avoid the carbs?? but stil have other three packs during day....

Also can you mix and match lighterlife packs with slim and save ones? Seems slim and save have heaps more choice but u just dont get the weekly support meetings alongside it? Not tried packs from lighterlife but a bit scared im not going to like them!!

anyways, hope ive not rambled on too muc here and folk understand what im asking....

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

:O) xx

missunshine83 said:
Hi there!

About to start lighter life next week and have a few final questions before committing to what is gona be what i imagine to be toughish time over next few weeks....

In my second week I have my partners sisters wedding and im kinda concerned about what im going to do at meal times throughout the weekend. I dont want any of his family knowing im starting this ( dont think they would approve, plus want it to be a secret) and also afraid they wil look at me and ask why im not eating etc. Is it possible to stay in ketosis but just eat small amounts of the protein on the plate and avoid the carbs?? but stil have other three packs during day....

Also can you mix and match lighterlife packs with slim and save ones? Seems slim and save have heaps more choice but u just dont get the weekly support meetings alongside it? Not tried packs from lighterlife but a bit scared im not going to like them!!

anyways, hope ive not rambled on too muc here and folk understand what im asking....

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

:O) xx

I would just do what you want at the wedding. The power of total is in total abstinance - it doesn't really matter if your can eat food and stay in ketosis - having a complete break from food is the only way I found to allow myself to reassess my relationship with food. You don't have to adapt to other people's expectations. Adding food that early in your journey would make it very difficult to complete the diet. Prioritise youself and your weight.

Yes you can mix and match with SnS - I do that. I prefer their meal packs and oatmeal. Also their bars are far lower in carbs and cals (although they're smaller too!)

I agree with weasey. Which is more important to you: other people's opinions (and you might be surprised by their reactions - people can be very supportive once they see how determined you are!) - or YOU?

For a lot of us in my LLTotal group, this was the first time we had put ourselves first in a very long time. It felt strange at first, but like everything, it just takes practice.

My suggestion would be to stick to packs 100%. Good luck! LL is amazing!

(having re-read this I note that I still need reminding from time to time to put my needs first!!)

Last edited:
YOU may find that no one else will even notice if you are eating. If you really feel weird about not having a plate of food. Get it, but slip some on to other peoples plates (people who know what you are doing). Or mess it around, hide it under lettuce or whatever. if it is a buffet, you can easily avoid even going to the buffet. it is usually done in shifts - so just be away from the table at your turn.

When i was half way through my LL journey I had to attend a birthday celebration. it was a buffet style meal.I just explained to those people sitting closest to me that i was doing a diet which meant i couldn't eat the food on offer. They were interested and admired me for my commitment. I then left the table at the eating time and had plenty of sparkling water on the go. I chatted to people, played with the kids and kept busy. The actual eating part was such a small part of the time we were there. The only drawback was the fact that the party organiser still had to pay for me - they didn't take account of the fact i wasn't eating...

Back