About to start..... scared.

mossyfern

I have my initial consulation with LL tonight and then I can start next Monday subject to docs report. (will I have to pay for this?) I guess I am scared about lots.
But I am filled with optimism. My food has been awful the last 6 or so months. It has me in it's grips and I manage
to get on track for a few days only to fall off.
This week I will be low carb as advised and up the water. Just wanted to say hello to you all!

mossyfern said:
I have my initial consulation with LL tonight and then I can start next Monday subject to docs report. (will I have to pay for this?) I guess I am scared about lots.
But I am filled with optimism. My food has been awful the last 6 or so months. It has me in it's grips and I manage
to get on track for a few days only to fall off.
This week I will be low carb as advised and up the water. Just wanted to say hello to you all!

Hi! Whether or not you have to pay for your doctor's report will depend on your doctor. I don't pay for mine. Good luck on your journey!

Well, she never recieved my posted doctors form. She said I couldn't start.... grr. Her attitude was so don't carey, ( she had a letter from the PO saying there was a letter waiting there for her but she "couldn't collect it" (to be honest the initial consulation was pants, cringeworthy in shovel fulls) so I switched to Exante. Yay. Happy.

What a shame, I have a fab consultant, can't you find another consultant as the cbt is really good as well as the support from your group, maybe drop a letter to LL head office to say your concerns, what ever you decide all the best!

What a shame, I have a fab consultant, can't you find another consultant as the cbt is really good as well as the support from your group, maybe drop a letter to LL head office to say your concerns, what ever you decide all the best!

Hi ... and here I am .... first day on LL after trying Exante for a month. It was great, But. I began to yearn for eating "proper" food.
Having just eaten a bowl of pasta for lunch on LL and having the luxury of FOUR packs a day I feel Ihave died and gone to heaven!
Sure it won't be easy but so so keen to get started and have the help of a counsellor that addresses the need to overeat (sugar!)

Week three of LL and I am doing ok! I love the food and am changing shape. I still get enormous emotional hunger though. But it's copeable with and I recognise it for what it is. First week, 9.5 lbs, second week 1lb, hmm, third week, 4lbs. Onwards and forwards. My trousers are going to the charity shops! They are wayyy too big...

4lbs last week, 2.5 this week.
anyone any idea if the St Clements could slightly stall your weight loss? Any ideas?

Thanks, I am doing fine, but generally getting negative response from friends about my "sachets" and please come off it asap. ..... oh well.

mossyfern said:
4lbs last week, 2.5 this week.
anyone any idea if the St Clements could slightly stall your weight loss? Any ideas?

Thanks, I am doing fine, but generally getting negative response from friends about my "sachets" and please come off it asap. ..... oh well.

I don't think the St Clenents would make any difference. People do view the diet as extreme and can be worried about you. Persnally I have never felt healthier than when I was in ketosis - but other peolpe don't see this. Just answer any of their questions and concerns and then leave them to it...

I don't think the St Clenents would make any difference. People do view the diet as extreme and can be worried about you. Persnally I have never felt healthier than when I was in ketosis - but other peolpe don't see this. Just answer any of their questions and concerns and then leave them to it...

Thanks so much.

BTW. I have every single one of my friends casting doom and gloom over what I am doing, but I am happy. I won't say I will stay on this tilll I get to target but it's been a great way of shifting those hard to lose pounds (my age 'n all that!) I will revise it in a month or so's time.

I haven't been in the 11's for a long long long time. It will be so exciting. That is when I will revise Total at least..

When I first started I thought that ketosis was unhealthy but I was so large that I thought on balance that getting rid of some weight would outweigh any unhealthy effects. I intended to do it for 3 months and then do something else. After 3 months I felt so good that I decided to do it for another 3 months - and so on...

Back