About to start slim and save *apprehensive*

LauraZee

Hi everyone,
So I'm new to this forum and about to start a new diet too!
I'm 26 and have about 6 stone to lose, very scary! I lost about 2.5 stone for my wedding last September but since then have had honeymoon and Christmas (and a lot of baaad food) and put on 3 stone. Feeling very disappointed in myself and time to do something about it.
After a fair amount of research Ive just placed an order with S&S and am feeling quite excited, just scared about letting myself down again. Ive done Lighterlife before and did really well, but didnt stick to it as long as I should have.
I have a very supportive husband now and want to do this propoerly this time, wish me luck!! x

I'll do that, will need all the help I can get! Thanks! x

Laura - I'm currently combining lighter life and Slim and Save. I much prefer Slim and Save's meals and bars to lighter life. I've lost well over 6 stone now so it is perfectly achievable - although I have another 3 to go... Good luck with the diet - there's great support on here!

Well done, that's fantastic! It seems like a long way to go now but I'm aiming for small steps to start with!

i have a list of mini goals which I keep and whenever I meet one I mark it as complete. I also note the ones which are within a stone so that I know exactly how far away they are. Whenever I have an official weigh in I update the list. It really reinforces my weight loss. I also add a goal whenever I think of a new one.

Here's my current list...

Goals Achieved : off diabetes meds / 1 stone / only obese! / 10% off / wedding ring fits again! / size 22 / 2 stone / weight when I started WW / 25% of the way there / <100lbs to go / 3 stone / size 20 / 50 lbs lost / weigh less than 100kg / weigh less than husband for first time ever! / 4 stone / size 18 / half way there / lightest in adult life (after WW) / 5 stone / weigh < 200 lbs / size 16 / 6 stone / only overweight!

Goals to Achieve: size 14 / 7 stone [5 lbs to go] / 100 lbs lost! [7 lbs to go] / 75% of the way there [10 lbs to go] / In a Karen Millen dress / size 12 / 8 stone / bmi <= 25 / 9 stone / size 10 / final goal!!!

Thanks, I will do! I just wish I didn't have to wait for it all to arrive in the post, I'm ready to start now!
I think I'm going to have very light meals for the next two days to ease my stomach into it. I used to eat as much as possible before starting a diet so the weight loss seemed higher the first week!! Not a great idea I know so I'm knocking that on the head this time x

Good Luck LauraZee - I found that cutting my carbs down before I started S & S really helped, I didn't feeel hungry at day 3!

Yes, definitely cut the carbs down while you're waiting as it'll be much easier when you do start. Good luck!

That is actually a really good idea, although I did had special k for breakfast! I'll start with no carb dinner tonight followed by a full day tomorrow, hopefully then ready and raring to go on Wednesday (royal mail allowing!!!) x

Oh no, even though I paid for city link next day delivery I've just called and it looks like it isn't coming today :( such a bummer when I was excited about getting started tomorrow.
They're going to call the courier and see what's up, fingers crossed its just a fault on their tracking system.

I think I'm going to have very light meals for the next two days to ease my stomach into it. I used to eat as much as possible before starting a diet so the weight loss seemed higher the first week!! Not a great idea I know so I'm knocking that on the head this time x

That's definitely a great plan Lauraz. Carb down and it might go easier on you for the first few days. Be determined and know that it works.

Thanks Giza! I had a light day yesterday and am avoiding carbs today. Just called about my missing delivery and the s&s guy was really helpful, hoping it still arrives tonight so I can start tomorrow. Watch this space :)

I hope you get your delivery soon. Good
Luck :-D

Hi everyone. New here. Just wondered if anyone knew how similar the shakes and bars are in calories etc to the lighter life ones?? Thanks. Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Should also add that I am on lighter life but I substitute a number of SnS packs for the lighter life ones with no ill affects.

Back