Abz is back... again, and this time it has GOT to go... but which way to turn?

abz

Gold Member
Hey everyone. I don't know if any of you remember me. I got a bit of a shock recently googling a sw question and found an answer... turned out it was me asking exactly the same question about seven years ago on here... oops.

I have been doing slimming world but have also been running. I have, after much consideration, decided to knock sw on the head for the moment as I am paying for meetings I can't go to because of my shifts, and my weight losses have been miniscule, despite my being so unbelievably good, and listening to other people's cheats and losses was a little bit heartbreaking.

I have started low-carbing today, although I haven't quite decided what direction I am going to take this in yet. I just know I have the best weight losses when I do this. I thought I might do dukan again, or perhaps atkins, we'll see. I am also tentatively considering juicing for a week or so to detox. I have done this before and felt incredible, and given how hot it has been it would be a good thing to do at this time of year... as you can see, it's all up in the air.

The difference this time around is the running. I'm loving it. I'm nearly 17 stones and i am on week seven of the couch to 5k, so I am joggling 25 minutes in one stretch, something I never thought I could do. This time around I want to concentrate more on the exercise than on the eating, as I have never enjoyed exercise so much, this is the only time i have ever got that mythical exercise 'high', so i want to stick with it, so i'm unsure whether low-carbing is the way to go, or juicing, because of this... argh.

I spent a few months doing sw, went camping for four days, and i gained half a stone. that's right. half a stone, which means i am now heavier than i was when i started sw, and i didn't binge. i just didn't not have things like chips when other people did. part of this is medication related, part of it is a predisposition to gain weight very easily... it needs to stop. i can't bear it any more.

any advice from anyone that runs would be great. i want to become a runner, not a joggler. not only that but i want to eat in whatever way is right for me. i think i have been a member of almost every single part of this forum. i have done everything from cambridge, to juddd, to ww, to sw, to atkins, and here i am again, still clueless, still fat, fatter in fact.

What do you all think? Which is the way to go?

Hello again :D

abz xx

Hi Abz,

That's fab that you're running for 25 mins without stopping!! I used to be able to run 5k last year but struggle running for 10 minutes at a time at the moment! I think your idea to focus on running/fitness is great- much more positive than just focusing on pounds lost.

The low carb diet plans sounds good. I'm a returner to minimins too. I've put on 2st since January so really want to get that weight off ASAP- I think I'll just calorie count but try to cut back on refined carbs.

How was your day today? Did you decide which diet to follow?

Issy xx

Hi :) i did 9 days of very low carb, then did juicing for a week. Not for crazy amounts of weightloss, although that was part of the reason. I do a week of it once or twice a year to give me a boost. Today is the last day. Soup for tea, hooray, ha.

Hey Abz, I would definitely recommend ditching the diets and doing sensible healthy eating using My Fitness Pal as a guide

Hi Abz! Can I just say that I find your enthusiasm for running really awe-Inspiring. I train once a week with a PT and really struggle so doing it all alone is a real achievement.

We can't really tell you what feeding plan to follow as we are all different, with our own needs, strengths and weaknesses. Whatever you choose, though, I really be cheering you on!

Back