Accepted for CDC training

corioboria

Cambridge Counsellor
Had my phone interview this morning and I'm going for CDC training on 6th September. Wish me luck!

Is anyone else on this forum training too?

Fantastic news!
I'm not training, but I have to be honest, if this diet works for me I'd definately consider it. Having had an appauling WW leader I know how important it is to have the right person helping you through.

I hope it goes well.

I know what you mean. I've been to countless slimming clubs, some good , some bad.

People tell me I'm really good at communicating and empathising with people. I'm generally a really positive person and I can honestly say that losing weight with Cambridge has transformed my life, succeding where too many other weight loss methods have failed.

Hopefully I'll be able to share all that with my clients - I can't wait to help people and see their success stories.

Congratulations! Let us know how you get on. :) xx

I'm thinking of doing it when ive lost all my weight. I have been asked by CDC if i would consider it :p
Congratulations!! Have fun at your trainning day!

well done - i wanna do it to.
have asked my cdc and hopefully shes gonna have all the paper work ready tomoz.
xx

Thanks very much for that endorsement Lesly. I was a bit worried that people might see my posts on here and think - she'd be no good as a Counsellor because she cheats too much.

I know that for my own diet I've been a bit of a daredevil, very much trying the suck it and see approach and bending the rule book to its limits. Sometimes its worked, sometimes it hasn't - I've had a great journey working out what my body needs and wants.

I'm very aware that as a Counsellor I'm going to have to tone my own ideas down a bit, and stick to the script a bit more - you follow the plan as written and you will get the best results. I'm looking forward to getting the training - even if I don't always choose to practice exactly what I preach.

But I also think I'm just the right person to help put little slips into perspective and help people get back on track again. My own progress has been slower than it might have been, but still oh so much better than any other dieting method I've ever tried.

It all depends how you look at things, doesn't it.

That's really cool missmf. Dunno whether you'll get on the same course as me now, but we can still compare notes. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks very much for that endorsement Lesly. I was a bit worried that people might see my posts on here and think - she'd be no good as a Counsellor because she cheats too much.

I know that for my own diet I've been a bit of a daredevil, very much trying the suck it and see approach and bending the rule book to its limits. Sometimes its worked, sometimes it hasn't - I've had a great journey working out what my body needs and wants.

I'm very aware that as a Counsellor I'm going to have to tone my own ideas down a bit, and stick to the script a bit more - you follow the plan as written and you will get the best results. I'm looking forward to getting the training - even if I don't always choose to practice exactly what I preach.

But I also think I'm just the right person to help put little slips into perspective and help people get back on track again. My own progress has been slower than it might have been, but still oh so much better than any other dieting method I've ever tried.

It all depends how you look at things, doesn't it.

Couldn't put it better myself....

I think there are two Golden Rule First Sentences for a Counsellor - new or old:

1) I don't know but I can find out,

2) This is how it works, so follow the plan, get yourself firmly into ketosis, then experiment if you choose to do so, and we'll discuss it next week. If it works for you, don't tell others that it WILL be okay for them.

Oh dear, I'm off again....

Sorry - afterthought:

I've seen so many people put their heads down and run to the finish-line. But once there, they have no idea how to maintain, which is the hardest bit.

So I'm all for a bit of sensible exploration along the way.

I call it "Preparation for Maintenance" and I worry if my clients don't do it.

Hi there, angie-bum here.
Can you tell me how you go about doing CDC? do you have to pay for training? and how long does it take?

Yep I'm with you on that one.

I'm kind of maintaining at the moment - just to see me through till the end of the summer holidays. Needing to bribe the kids a bit more and have treated myself once or twice too.

Then I'm going to have another dash to get rid of another stone or two between September and Christmas. Only this time I'm trying a higher programme (1200) so I can also put my fitness training ideas into practice with myself as a guinea pig.

congratulations...thats so exciting. I'd love to become a CDC and once i've lost enough weight and been successful myself, it will def be something i pursue x:))

Back