Accupuncture- yay or nay?

Lynn8124

Gold Member
In Nov 2007 I decided to try accupuncture and I was talked into paying up front for 6 sessions (one free:rolleyes:). They stuck pins in my stomach and legs (at one point I felt like the Nutty Professor lol), attached wires to them and left me hooked up to some box thing for about 20 mins and then took the needles out and massaged my stomach until I thought my internal organs were gonna fall out...was kinda nice in a weird way.:D

But did I lose weight? No. They also flogged me some red capsules which I believe were diuretics and I stopped them after a few days. I dunno if I went to a bad practitioner and I think maybe accupuncture can work for some ailments but it was just a waste of money for me.:(

Has anyone else tried accupuncture for weightloss and what did you think?

never tried it for weight loss but at where i used to work used to get free ear accupuncture amazingly releaxing and tbh sounds like you may of got a bad practioners lets be honest its been around for over 5000 years so cant be all hocum even gps can use it as a treatment now

Acupuncture for weight loss can only work if you really want to lose the weight. I practice it on the NHS (for the last 10 years) and we used to use the ears points, just amongst the staff. They have small plasters that have tiny metal balls, or sometimes seeds, and you put them on the stomach and wellbeing points. When you feel hungry you massage the point s and it "should" take the feeling of hunger away. Worked for me the first time,but it's not a quick fix and should be used as an extra, not the solution. (Its very expensive, and to be honest it's best used for things like pain and migraines if you have limited funds. On the NHS it's used mainly for pain) I'm sure a traditionally trained acupuncturist would shoot me down in flames for that! I would save your money, how many weeks at SW would that course of treatment cost?

Back