• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Actifry and frylight

Oh that might make sense lol Duh, I thought you got a measuring spoon thingy with it and it uses it up while cooking. No idea now lol

chris_s

Less of a man each day
The instructions are to fill the measuring spoon and drizzle it over the food. If using frylite type stuff, just spray the food and off you go.

Yep - just spray the food. In my experience so far (admittedly limited) vegatable oil works better (syns), as does extra virgin olive oil (HEXB).

I put cut chips into a bag and sprayed the bag with fry light then added paprika! - mixed it up in the bag then Actifry. This way the paprika sticks to the chips and not flying all over the the fryer and clogging things up. Other herbs/spices can be used - especially with wedges ;)

Steve

One of the girls at our slimming group uses the spoon of oil but counts it as a healthy b. However I like the idea of putting chips in a bag and then spraying them and adding paprika! Sounds easier and healthier. I haven't got one but my friend swears by hers. Good luck.

One of the girls at our slimming group uses the spoon of oil but counts it as a healthy b. However I like the idea of putting chips in a bag and then spraying them and adding paprika! Sounds easier and healthier. I haven't got one but my friend swears by hers. Good luck.
Remember it is only extra virgin olive oil that is a HEXB - any other inc. olive oil contain syns.

Steve

Thanks for the tips :D

well I used it tonight.. just sprayed the chips with frylight in the actifry and they were brilliant. Cooked really quick but I think I had them in a bit too long.. but yummy anyway and so much easier

Lovely! - I find using fry light, vegetable oil and extra virgin olive oil each give different results and especially different cooking times. Despite the guidelines on the Actifry, I find these are merely that! - a guide!