actifry chips

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Becca1993, 18 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Becca1993

Becca1993 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just brought an actifry. Anyone else got one and cooked chips with them? If so how did you do it and did you syn it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    From what I read earlier (sorry can't remember who posted it), if you use frylite then they are still free, if you make your own chips. I haven't got mine yet, but it's ordered :)

4. dag

dag Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey! where did u get the actifry from? is it only mackro? U must let us know how the chips tasted!

5. hayley morgan

hayley morgan Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(7.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have one, yes if you do chips in them with frylight they are free and very tasty much better than oven chips. i also do wedges, roasties, roasted vegetables its fab! and the best thing is they dont take as long as the oven ones to cook and no need to par boil either x

6. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We use our Actifry every day, bought it from Argos. The first one blew up but so far (touch wood) the second one has been ok.

We don't use Frylight with ours as we find it clogs everything up and takes ages to clean. We use the smallest drop of oil and syns are negligible.

Just peel your spuds, chop them into chip size and chuck them in the actifry with a drizzle of oil/frylight, it really is as simple as that.

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have used Frylight with no problems at all. But it is a very good idea to follow the instructions in the book and rinse and dry the potatoes very well after they have been cut up. It really makes a difference.

I have also cooked a vegetable mixture of butternut squash, aubergines and peppers tonight, with some grated ginger. It was really lovely.

8. roxy222

roxy222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    is actifry worth the money? how long does it take to cook chips?

9. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I would say yes, it's worth the money. Mine gets used every day almost. It really depends on the thickness of the chips, but mine noramlly take about 25 minutes.

10. roxy222

roxy222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just bought an actifry im soooooooooo excited lol

11. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine has FINALLY been ordered and is enroute according to the tracker which I am following constantly - hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow - got in King Edward potatoes ready as read these are good for chips etc.....

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I started a thread elsewhere as I just got mine at the weekend. it does a lot more than just chips/fries. They are available from Argos and a 3 year warranty is available for £24.99 - they may be available cheaper elsewhere but most people have an Argos nearby;)

I found no problem using fry light with mine as it is a breeze to clean - I've also used oil, and will next use extra virgin olive oil to see if that's as good.

Oh and if anyone is interested, you can also cook frozen chips (the ones for frying as opposed to oven chips) without even adding any oil whatsoever. (not sure why you would want to lol).

The Actifry comes with a 30 page recipe book but cooks meats, vegeatables and even fruit as well as chips, roasties and wedges.

It is by no means cheap, but what price your health?

13. Jack_D

Jack_D Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Got some gift vouchers for Argos, i now know what i am going to buy

An Actifry.........:):):):):)

14. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine came today and ...... WOW !!!!!! My whole family LOVE these chips - so much so I have now run outta potatoes - LOL !!!! We have done 2 batches of normal chips one using desiree and one using king edwards. We did the rinsing/drying stage before each batch and used frylight instead of oil - SOOOOO easy to clean and from the heat generated from the machine when cooking we shouldn't need the rads on so early (LOL) - not that hot really just a warm breeze-ish... :)
    Getting more potatoes tomorrow - might try cubing them tomorrow to accompany dinner rather than chips again..... SOOOOO pleased I finally bought one!

15. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Lol - brilliant:D

But don't forget to try other things;) I can't wait to try them using extra virgin olive oil as a heathy B.

I think we need a separate forum for Actifry recipes - though I'm sure there's probably one out there somewhere!

16. sweetthing

sweetthing Member

TEFAL ACTIFRY

Just got mine, sitting on the table top looking like a space ship. Read all the reviews and wish I had read them earlier, so much going wrong with them. I hope that all the problems they were having 2 years ago have now been sorted.

Got 2 big bags of King Edward potatoes and went on You tube and it showed you step by step how to make the chips for it.

I use extra virgin olive oil as an healthy extra, bought courgettes, parsnips and peppers for some roasted vegetables.

Can't wait to get started, will wait while hubby goes out in case it blows up and I get a 'told you so' for spending so much money on it after the reviews were so terrible.

Will make some bolognese sauce in it as it look very easy to do.

Last edited: 4 November 2010
  17. JezVonSavage

JezVonSavage Lost in the Supermarket

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooh....i've been wondering about these. I think I'll have to stick one on my wedding list! Nom nom.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. MichelleB

MichelleB Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just got one and am really looking forward to chips for lunch today :)

Michelle

20. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    We love ours!!! Been used more or less daily since being bought and will be being used again today :)

Last week tried doing the kids and Deans usual oven chips in them without adding oil - they went a lot better than in the oven but the kids now say they prefer my home-made 'REAL' potato ones - RESULT!

They weren't keen on the cubed version I did - I thought it tasted the same - I think they expected a chip to look like a chip and taste like a chip - kids!! Going to try stuff from recipe booklet soon - just enjoying the chips at the mo LOL :)

21. captaincollins

captaincollins Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.12%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi - you have all inspired me and I have now ordered one! LOL its getting delivered tomorrow!

£169 from littlewoods - not cheap but I had £30 reward so it was £139 and I can pay for it weekly interest free so it suits

cant wait for it to come! LOL

22. brideweightwar

brideweightwar Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I may very well have to invest in one of these!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.