Actifry?

Bimbie Finn

Would really like to get one of these just have a couple of questions:~

1) Can you use Frylight or has it got to be oil

2) had a look at one on the argos website and its £174.99 :eek: can you buy it cheaper anywhere else, seems alot of money for a fryer

Thanks
xx

Don't want to be a party pooper but these were featured on Watchdog a while ago for catching fire.
Kinda put me off getting one. Keep your eye on it if you do get one :)

I'll be honest I bought one of these and never again.

You don't need to add oil for things like sausages, chicken pieces and ready oven chips/frozen chips.
It doesn't drain any oil off though so you will find your food swimming in oil in the bottom, if its things like sausages or chicken you cook. Also the paddle gets stuck as food gets jammed between it and the wall of the fryer. The paddle itself is a pain in the ass to clean, food gets stuck in the wee crevices on the underside of it.

Also I had mines for a grand total of 4 months when the lid cracked. Tefal said because I still didnt have my receipt then I couldn't get a replacement. I sent them my credit card bill instead but they said it wasnt good enough.

So I bought a new lid for £25 from teh spares site.

Then the paddle stopped turning. This is an un-replaceable part fault. I needed a new actifry, but you guessed it, no replacement from Tefal.

Apparently the newer ones are more reliable but honestly I wouldn't buy one again. Great when they work, soul crushing to spend £200 on a fancy chip pan that keeps breaking.

It lasted a grand total of 8 months and its not like we used it every single day, as I was on CD for a while.

I love mine. You can use frylight -just spray over chips. I use oil as hexb/divide oil syns betweenus so a aplate of chips is 2 syns each. I put sausages/burgers(joes)in with chips and adds flavour.Never had grease in base as only use 1 tbsp. Luckily never has any of the other problems but do keep an eye on it cos of the scare stories.For welsh girls it is in Tefal shop in macarthur glen for about £110.

Actifry's should be called InActifry!

I too have been a great fan until ours decided to stop turning. Murphys law it is 1 month out of warranty. The thing stops turning even with just a dozen chips in it, or 3 - 4 sausages. Used to handle heaps more than that. I've checked the web re this fault and it seems to be quite common. I contacted Tefal and their response was 'sorry, it's out of warranty'. We didn't use ours that much 1 - 2 times a fortnight so I would have expected to last longer than it did. Very dissappointed with Tefal and intend to take it further under Sale of Goods Act as it should be able to work more than 36 - 40 times.:sigh:

Back