Adapting recipes to up protein percentage

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by Laura Croft, 23 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    This seems as good a place to post as any.

I've decided that I'm going to start trying different sweet foods. I'll choose not to eat a lot simply because I don't like the taste but I want to start baking and I do enjoy the taste of some sweet things, but just not all. And I do prefer healthy foods anyhow.

So I started to look at recipes and analyse the carb/fat/protein and I'm really (but not really if that makes sense) surprised how low in protein cakes and biscuits are and how high in carbs. Of course I did know this, but I'm going to find some ways to add protein to any cakes and biscuits I make, for example, maybe adding tofu. I'm excited about this new adventure :) I don't want to go low carb, I just want a better carb/fat/protein split as the rest of my meals are pretty good.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Ha. Having had a look at a few recipes and what is/isn't possible, I don't think I'll be doing as much as I wanted. Oh well. The idea was good in principal. Some of the Atkins recipes could be changed too and I could drop that fat % and up the carbs.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.