Add a meal question.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by susan70, 25 August 2008 Social URL.

1. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    when you have a add a meal week does that mean you do a week of the 810 plan?? or just ss+??

On 810 does this bring you out of ketosis??

Sorry for all the questions im trying to prepare myself.lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

i think you need to do 810 and the point is to bring you out of ketosis for a week. that's my understanding of it... i could be wrong though...

abz xx

4. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Thanks hunni, Im just a little confused ( dosnt take much). Im seeing my cdc on wednesday so will ask him then but was just sat here thinking about it so thought I would ask.xx

5. KBQueen

KBQueen Yummy Mummy in the making

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.66%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you add a 200Kcal meal then it will be SS+ you do hun. If you choose the 810 meal, you can have 3 CD's, 340ml skimmed milk, 3 tablespoons of veg or salad and one protein-rich option :)

6. abz

abz Gold Member

I think you have to do 810 for add a meal. i think the NICE regulations say that you have to have a week on a non-vlcd diet after so many weeks on a vlcd... i'm sure a cdc will be along at some point to clear things up...

7. KBQueen

KBQueen Yummy Mummy in the making

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.66%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooh coming to think of it, I think its 810 you have to do after 12 weeks or so to bring you out of ketosis for at least a week as SS+ doesnt bring you out of ketosis! :confused::confused: I think! :confused::confused: Sorry I'm new to this so this could be totally wrong ;)

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    There isn't really an AAM week anymore, but you do need to do 810 every 12 weeks.

Lots of people don't come out of ketosis it with it. Just the guidelines from NICE say you shouldn't do a VLCD for more than 12 weeks on the trot. Above 800 calories isn't a VLCD, so you do that to keep the calories still very low, but still within the guidelines.

Get it? :D

9. abz

abz Gold Member

there we go. i knew it was something like that :) ha. cheers kd :)

abz xx

10. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I think ive got it now thankyou.
    I like to be prepared.
    If I stick too chicken/fish and veg of the list I should be ok then ??

Thankyou.xx

11. abz

abz Gold Member

all the amounts are in the yellow book. i am on 810 and i tend to have a small chicken breast with a floret of brocolli and two mushrooms...

abz xx

12. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    thanks hunni.xx how are you finding 810??

13. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I didn't come out of Ketosis at 810,thought I had some days,but once I went to 1000 I def did..I ate lots of white fish salads and some tuna salads

14. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

oh, I didn't realise that the 12 week thing was to go to 810 and take you out of ketosis - not sure what I think of that! As it is though, I have my holiday on my 7th week, which will take me out anyway, then 12 weeks after I am back is my first christmas party, so again will be out, so that's quite good timing really! x

15. abz

abz Gold Member

ha. i'll say. well i moved up to 1000 today and feel like i'm eating loads, ha. i'm not eating if i'm full though and i'm now able to tell the difference between my stomach telling me that it wants food and my brain telling me to eat it!! strange that i couldn't do that before!! ha.

abz xx

16. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

aww Abz, that's really good news x

17. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It isn't. It's just you have to go over 800 cals. Nothing to do with ketosis. The choice of foods in the plan, and your own body, might decide whether you come out of ketosis or not.

But the step up isn't so that you do. It's a calorie thing rather than a ketosis thing.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. abz

abz Gold Member

my cdc explained it to me that it's so that your body doesn't think that ss is a permanent state of being and that you will get food one day :) of course i think she simplified it for me... ha.

abz xx

20. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been doing SS since Jan 19th and have done the AAM every 5th week (old quantities). This has been no way near the 810 cal a day - I'm now worried that I have been following VLCD for too long a period. When the new plan came out, I still had a VERY long way to go, and my CDC said that as I would be on the plan for a long peiod, continuing with the AAM every 5th week would prob suit me better. I'm only 1 stone away from BMI 25 now so I might just go for the stretch on SS till I reach this, missing my AAM, and then work up the plans as per guidelines. Like I said, I'm now worried that I should not have been on a VLCD for the length of time I have been!!:(

Kj xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.