addicted!!!

mia85

i am addicted to diet coke.. i love it! but i have heard from people that it can stop you from losing weight.. does anyone have any advice? i drink approx 2-3 tins daily as i dont drink tea/coffee and its handy :-( i just feel like im stuck in a rut and cant see a way out with my weightloss..

I used to live diet coke too, I find if I drink a glass of water first every time I'm thirsty I drink a lot less of it. Also it steals calcium from your bones and teeth and is very bad for you in excess.

Everything in Moderation

I have a 1-3 diet coke or pepsi max everyday. I try to drink water though.

The sweeteners in it arent fantastic, but as long as you are getting vitamins from food you'll be fine :)

A few years ago I was drinking 1-2 litres of Diet coke a day, unfortunately I have an addictive personality which means I can go overboard on pretty much anything. So I stopped drinking it altogether, as found that much more simple to manage! Not everyone's like me though I appreciate, so in your case its more of a case of drinking it in moderation

I used to drink a lot of diet coke too. I started drinking lots of water but i can only drink sparkling water. Still water just tastes disgusting to me. I think its the fizz i'm addicted to.

i used to be addicted to Coca Cola when I was pregnant with my son who is now 7. I used to drink a 2 litre bottle every day and I ruined my teeth. Now i restrict my addiction to HartleysSugar Free jelly - much mroe healthy!

Research shows that diet sodas are correlated with weight/obesity even if the rest of the diet and calories are controlled! So definately worth cutting back if at all possible.

It's full of rubbish as well

replace with water for a week and see how you feel after?

hey everyone thanks for your replies..really need to cut it out or at least down a wee bit! its going to be hard tho :-(

mia85 said:
hey everyone thanks for your replies..really need to cut it out or at least down a wee bit! its going to be hard tho :-(

It will be hard yes, but you'll feel so much better for doing it. I did it last year, I previously could have easily drunk 2/3 of the 2 litre bottles each day! I had the headache from hell for 10days while my body detoxed from the caffiene(don't drink tea or coffee) and after that I was fine. I know drink it 2 or 3 times a week, and only a 500ml bottle a time

I had the headache from hell for 10days while my body detoxed from the caffiene

I had exactly the same thing this week, cut out most of my coffee and my goodness did i have headaches or what.

Back