Addictive Personality

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by slim41, 8 July 2009 Social URL.

1. slim41

slim41 New Member

I know I have an addictive personality. I used to have a problem with alcohol - 2 bottles of wine every night (more at weekends). I stopped drinking 2 years ago (2nd anniversary yesterday) and only now feel ready to tackle my weight, which has been an issue for years. I joined Slimming World last week. Lost 3.5 lbs this week - quite pleased. I also smoke (I know - bad for me!).

I just hope that having quit the booze that I am able to stick to the eating plan - I know I have the strength to do it -I just need to be strong for this - the next hurdle. I will be 48 on Saturday and would like to be slim(slimmer) before I turn 50.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bad Jar

Bad Jar Every ounce is bounce

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.88%)
    Diet:
    Neris & India's Idiot-Proof Diet
    Well done for beating a demon and for your weight loss so far. Please be aware though that weight loss can be addicitive too. If you start to feel things getting out of control, please talk to someone. I dont mean to lecture, we just want people to be healthy. Take care. X

4. slim41

slim41 New Member

Many thanks for your comments. I am aiming to lose weight slowly and steadily (my best friend is doing it too, so I have company).

Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey too.

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.