Advice and tips please!

jools1986

Silver Member
I have just found out I am pregnant with baby 2. I am heavier than ever after gaining 4 stone with my first. Im currently on weight watchers and was thinking of following the filling and healthy plan. Is it possible to safely lose weight? I get married in dec next year so if I maintain I will be chuffed!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have just found out I am pregnant with baby 2. I am heavier than ever after gaining 4 stone with my first. Im currently on weight watchers and was thinking of following the filling and healthy plan. Is it possible to safely lose weight? I get married in dec next year so if I maintain I will be chuffed! Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Jools

Congratulations on your bfp :)

There are quite a few of us here at different stages of pregnancy and all with different gains. I don't think they recommend WW in pregnancy but I do my own version of it after losing four stone on it last year. I'm 32 weeks pregnant on Monday and have so far gained 21lbs which I've been maintaining now for a month or so. I've got GD and had a lot of nausea at the start so I'm not too bothered about the gain as long as it's not much more. I'm also getting married in March so hoping I can get the gain off before then.
We've got a due dates thread going if you want to join in and a pregnancy advice thread where you can get to know everyone and get answers to any questions. Xxx

Thank you! My head is in a bit of a spin with it all at the moment! Looking forward to getting past the first few weeks so I can relax xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have just found out I am pregnant with baby 2. I am heavier than ever after gaining 4 stone with my first. Im currently on weight watchers and was thinking of following the filling and healthy plan. Is it possible to safely lose weight? I get married in dec next year so if I maintain I will be chuffed! Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congratulations on your pregnancy! As Sarah's already said, WW isn't recommended but you can follow the principles from home with modifications - not sure if they'd let you go to group though?

I do SW as it's recommended for pregnancy and I can keep going to group, dieting from home doesn't work for me. I'm 35 weeks and have gained 2st 3.5lbs so far. It's way more than I would have liked, especially as I had big problems with nausea and food aversions early on but didn't gain that much! All my weight gain has been in the second trimester pretty much, a combination of liking my favourite foods again and just being a bit of a piggy and not following SW. I've hardly done any exercise either and I used to do a lot prior to the pregnancy, had to give up the gym early on as I felt too ill and took up swimming at about 20 weeks but had to give that up too due to PGP!

I've been following SW a bit more closely though the last few weeks and my gains have really slowed down. I was gaining 3lbs a week at one stage but staying mostly on plan with SW has kept my gain down and I'm convinced I'd be pushing 3st gained by now if I'd not gone back to SW.

There are ladies on here who have managed to either maintain or lose whilst pregnant so it can be done! But don't put too much pressure on yourself at the same time.

Definitely come and join in - we all like a chat on here! xxx

Back