Extra Easy Days advice and tips wanted

Mrs Mc1987

hi ive been doing slimming world a few months now and im slipping away from it! half the time i dont count syns and eat rubbish!
im such a fussy eater and dont like veg, fruit etc. i hvae a 10 month old son and with having him then working full time and looking after my house, my husband and my son im always too tired to cook!
i have a slow cooker and my hubby getting me an actifry for xmas but i really want to get back on track!

Mrs MC, I feel your pain! My son is 8 months and I work full time shifts as well. So there's plenty of days I don't have the time or energy to cook from scratch!

I've found doing a diary is helping me keep on track more. I didn't do one the last two weeks and put on both weeks! Feeling positive for a loss this week already!

I stock up on lots of low-syn/free convience foods like mug shots, domlio pasta pots, pasta based low fat ready meals etc that I can make quickly or take into work. I use things like frozen veg or fresh pre-chopped veg that I can either just chuck in a pan or the oven to roast. I also use cook from frozen chicken breasts and fish fillets.

I like green days and have a lot of things like jacket potatoes, baked beans, eggs, pasta etc that can be made quickly. On the days I can be bothered cooking I try to make plenty so I can save left overs for another meal.

It's just about trying to get some time to look through the books and the website, finding good quick options and stocking up on them.

It can be hard having young children & finding time to yourself, but all it will take is just a short while each evening to plan the next day's meals.

Do count your syns, either write it down in a little book, a note on your mobile, I have an excel spreadsheet, whatever is going to work for you. You need to take control & then you'll start to see the results you want.

Good luck;)

Thanks to you both! i need to get into gear! im just soo busy and tired! lol

i got weighed last night and i stayed the same! :) which was good for 2 weeks off plan!

Mrs CC be careful with those dolmio pasta pots as they arnt free and have quite high syns!

i use the sliming world food diary most days so i need to do that! i also think i dont eat enough! i dont eat breakfast but i need to start and snack on healthy free things!

Thanks to you both! i need to get into gear! im just soo busy and tired! lol

i got weighed last night and i stayed the same! :) which was good for 2 weeks off plan!

Mrs CC be careful with those dolmio pasta pots as they arnt free and have quite high syns!

i use the sliming world food diary most days so i need to do that! i also think i dont eat enough! i dont eat breakfast but i need to start and snack on healthy free things!

I know, most of the ones I have are 6 syns which I'm fine with.

Thats good :)

im off on a weekend away this weekend to stay with family and im hoping i can stay on track!

Back