Advice for a planned day off?

Calorina

Hi everyone,

In a couple of weeks I'm taking a planned day off to go to my boyfriend's family do (it's the first time I'll be meeting everyone, I'll be expected to eat and I don't want to be remembered as crazy space food lady).

So I'm going to the party, staying the night, then coming home the next morning. I plan to partake and I know I'll come out of ketosis (don't worry, I'll eat food and keep the alcoho to a minimum).

Does anyone have any advice for the next few days? I'll be about halfway through my time on my VLCD - I'm not really worried about overdoing it on the day, but about giving in to temptation over the next few days as I'm trying to get back into ketosis. Any tips?

Thanks in advance :)

Ello :)

Where this battle is fought and won is in what you eat on the night. If you keep it as low carb as you can then it will be that much easier to get back on the wagon. I'm currently having a bit of a refresh on exante (just finished week 1) and I had the exact same prob as you on Saturday. I kept it to Chicken & veg and avoided desert. Got asked no questions and was pretty much still in ketosis the next day. If you do come out of ketosis then fear not, it won't take you long to get back in. Probably a day. That day can be difficult but n0where nears as hard as day one on the diet. You need to tap back into that determination reserve!

Good luck!

That's brilliant advice - thanks so much :) Might be a bit hard to stick to low-carb as apparently we're having jacket potatoes(!) but I'm heartened to know that it (probably) won't be the full week-on drag into ketosis! I might plan ahead and work from home for a couple of days afterwards. My office is constantly full of cake.

If its a buffet type you could maybe leave the potato and take the filling or eat only the filling (maybe your boyfriend could help out here by taking from your plate), lol., but if you must then just write it up and move on! and you stay in with the in-laws! Next day carry on as normal and you'll soon be back into it.

Back