Advice from healthy eating experts please

mommyB

love it
Hi, I am sick of dieting,counting weighing pointing EVERY little thing I put in my mouth ,so was considering giving healthy eating a go-after all health is one of the main reasons to loose weight.
Thing is I'm not so sure that what I consider healthy really is. I am thinking along the lines of lean meat, fish lots of veg,fruit, pasta.
Can anyone give me some idea if I am on the right lines and some pointers as to what are 'healthy ' things to eat-what is a typical days eating for you, do I have to switch to wholegrain everything ?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated as feeling very lost in the WW wilderness !!

I wouldn't say I was an expert but I definitely think you're along the right lines. Just be careful of pasta - it's good to have as it's filling but is also full of carbohydrates and can be high in calories. Try to opt for wholewheat pasta where possible (it looks a bit different but tastes pretty much the same). Wholemeal bread and fibre cereals are all good too. Switch to semi skimmed or skimmed milk if you like it :)

Swap to a smaller plate to discourage you from filling your plate too much, also try to eat using smaller fork fulls of food. Apparently it takes 20 minutes for your brain to realise you're eating, which means it will take at least 20 minutes for your brain to tell your body that you're full, so try to eat slowly.

Portion wise, I think a plate should typically be 1/4 protein or protein substitute e.g. meat or tofu, 1/4 starches e.g. bread/rolls/potato, and 1/2 veggies. Beware of gravy too! lol

Substitute sugar for sweetener :)

I read somewhere ages ago that if you exercise and eat afterwards (maybe 10-15 mins after) your body burns off the food you are eating as it's already started burning your fat stores while you were exercising

Lean meat and fish, fresh (preferably) fruit and veg and moderation may not be the quickest ever way to lose weight, but I think it's probably the most realistic and the most healthy option! And it also puts an emphasis on giving yourself a better, more healthy lifestyle

...now if I could just follow my own advise I might be in danger of getting somewhere! lol :D

I hope I helped! x

Back