Advice needed - am in mild shock following an accident

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Cerulean, 15 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Er...now - I don't want to alarm anyone, I am fine, really I am, but a bus rolled into my bus shelter whilst I was under it and I got covered in tiny fragments of glass. I got dusted off by paramedics but there was another lady far worse off then me so I stripped to my bra, shook off my top and headed for home as I assumed getting a milky chocolate pack down me would be better for me than sitting in A&E slipping further down the triage list as the drunks rolled in. Also - there's not a lot to do about tiny bits of glass other than change your clothes and take a shower and I can do that without medical help. What I do need help with is I think I am a bit in shock...I'm jittery and shaky...now - we all know the answer to this in the real world is a tot of brandy or a spoonful of sugar. Neither of which are options right now unless I want to trigger a cake binge. So - what do you do for mild shock/stress when you're on a VLCD?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    And no - I'm not going anywhere near A&E - I have total white coat syndrome and hate hospitals and seriously I'd be put right to the back of the queue, I am not injured - just stressy and jittery but not having palpitations or any signs of physiological shock.

4. Shiny

Shiny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Maybe a bar? Hot strong tea with a bit of skimmed milk and sweetener? a couple of squares of dark chocolate? I know none are really ss compliant but you've had a shock so a little bit of something like that might help? Glad you're ok though! x

5. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Cheers Shiny - I think you've got it there...yeah - a bar with a cup of something strong (I'm cool without milk or sweetner). You are wise :)

Oooh - I do have a tiny square of posh dark choc from the posh Italian cafe I go to on the southbank...so if the jitters really don't subside that can be my emergency treat. In the meantime I might just do some v gentle yoga!

6. Shiny

Shiny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Good idea on all counts! Hot drinks always work their magic!x

7. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Glad your ok, have you tea and early night x

8. Debs1972

Debs1972 MiniMins Addict

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8%)
    Diet:
    none - just reduced calorie intake to 1400/ Hypnoband
    sorry to hear what you have been through, how you feeling now?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.